Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centramatic Wheel Balancers

I can confirm the Balance Masters do the job, the Liberty is very smoooooth.

By the way, I think Brian made POG history by leaving Battle Ground, WA on Monday AM and showing up in Georgia on Thursday afternoon. That's about 2,600 miles boy and girls and at 62 mph, that's some serious wheel time. I believe the fuel consumed equalled 6.7 MPG (correct me if I'm wrong Brian) and that's really good for an 8V92.

So now, I'm trying to figure out how to fit 45' worth of stuff in a 40 footer while Brian is in Florida hugging his new ride. The good news, washing a 40 footer is a little less work than a 45 and I have more space to put stuff in the garage.
    Last edited by truk4u; 10-11-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Congratulations on your new ride Tom ! You sure did pick a good one. I will never be able to get that picture of the engine compartment out of my mind. Brian set standards on that coach that will be hard to maintain.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Congratulations to both Truk and Brian. It is my understanding that Brian had to buy Beverly a new larger coach after she learned of the thong, the bra and the two pairs of shoes outside the green machine at Spearfish. Brian has no possible way to stay out of trouble on this one because he is either messing around, or cross dressing.

And Nancy is trying to get Tom into stealth mode so the Taco Twins will get to the point where they will have no clue about which coach is Truk's. We already know from Branson that JDUB is fairly clueless in keeping track of Tom's buses. Nancy thinks this will keep her from becoming Little Bo Peep. (Fat chance of that. She is destined to have her sheep.)

"I believe the fuel consumed equalled 6.7 MPG (correct me if I'm wrong Brian) and that's really good for an 8V92."

Well that beats all. My computer still shows 5.7MPG for the life of the coach. A week or so back we took a 500 mile round trip and left the Jeep at home. The coach by itself just barely got 6 MPG and I was just easing along about 65. We were running the OTR air, but that 6.7 is high cotton for an 8V92.

Texas 45
    Oklahoma 35

We put about 250,000 on our 87 Liberty. I recorded every gallon of fuel I ever added to the tank, and because it was the reason Jamestown Advanced got into the business of manufacturing electric boxes and campground equipment I needed the records for income tax purposes.

I had no way to isolate the MPG because checking the mileage on a tankful of fuel is inaccurate, but doing it over a large number of miles is accurate. I ran the generator about 1500 hours (memory here so that might be wrong) and we never hesitated to run the OTR, but at each year end when I added up fuel used and miles traveled it came to 5.6 MPG, the real number probably a little higher if I deduct the fuel used by the generator.

The difference between 8V92 buses was the gearing. Mine was at 72 MPH top speed at 2150 RPM. It would climb any hill easily, but was really only comfortable up to 65 because there was almost no more speed available if you had to pass.

Was this discussion about wheel balancers? Will JDUB report me?

While this thread is nearly nine years old, I thought I'd bump it up and ask if anyone has recent experience with the Centramatic balancers one the newer coaches and if there's a noticeable difference in the ride?

How would the balancers know what year chassis they were mounted to?

Just kidding.

I would use them regardless of what year I'd be owning. After having a set myself I would never be without them again.

I bet many others who use them feel the same way.

It doesn't improve the ride on a bus with proper tires but it does eliminate the ocasional tire imbalance on new tires, ocasional thrown wheel weight, reballancing at half life and all those related costs.

Get them.

Tire balancing is only as good as the installer and the machine.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-28-2017 at 07:40 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

This is one of the best demonstrations I've seen on the operation of the Centramatic balancers. https://floridashorestruckcenter.com...FdcegQodF_4G8w
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!