Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dog Switch

Default Auto shut off too?

Kind of related to this thread is the auto-start feature of the Liberty Watch Dog system.

When placed in the auto-start position, at what battery voltage does the generator start? And, will it automatically shut down the generator when the battery voltage reaches a pre-determined value? Are any of these values adjustable?

I've had our generator start automatically, but then shut it down manually after the batteries had charged for a while and we were ready to get under way.

jelmore Guest

Others can be more precise, but I've found that the generator starts when the batteries drop below 11 volts. Don't know the exact figure and wouldn't imagine that it's adjustable. When the batteries are getting low, and we apply some additional load, like the coffee maker, for example, I'll see the generator running lights go on and off for several minutes, perhaps until the load drops, and then it settles back into watching. Soon thereafter the generator will start when it really needs to. I've never seen it shut down when the batteries are charged, though. I don't think it does.