Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting to See Coaches

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Default Getting to See Coaches

Morning All,
    There is a Coach in Al...That's all I know about it's location..One Dealer has asked me for between 5 and 75K to hold it for my purchase but neither of them will give me the address to go see and drive the coach..The second dealer didn't ask me for a deposit but he doesn't answer my e-mail asking him for the address either..
    Do they have the right to deny a potential buyer this information...???
    I'm about ready to leave NJ for Fl. for the winter as usual..and I would like to see this particular bus..
    Below are the two ads for the same Coach ...

Hugs Always Viv

The Dealer for the First Ad is Rodney Daniels..

http://www.heartlandbus.com/picView....evost&Model=Le Mirage XL Coach

The Dealer for the Second Ad is Steve Katz..

http://www.prevosttrader.com/index.php?v=8&iview=121

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Viv that first coach in Alabama that Bob wanted a 5K deposit was TOTALLY REFUNDABLE if you decided you did not like it.

Heartland Coach is primarily a consignment site and they will not show you the bus before deposit because it is a private owner and they do not want to get burned out of their commission

Also it is kinda tough to do business with someone when all calls and messages go unreturned.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 10-07-2008 at 09:11 AM.

Default Getting to See Coaches

Rod didnt' tell me the deposit was refundable Joe, so I was afraid to do it...At Demontronds in Houston, Tx... www.motorhomesusa.com ...I made a like deposit flew out there and they refused to refund it when the coach was nothing like the pictures...forced me to buy a different coach from them and the state told me dealers legally could charge whatever the market would bear...so I run scared..Don't know Fl. law so I wouldn't make such a deposit with out seeing the coach...again...especially when the Dealer Rodney Daniels never told me it would be...

Thank you for the info tho' Joe...So close and yet so far... yet again...!!!!
    Hugs Always Viv...

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Don't know Rod never met him. That bus is Bobs listing. So are most of them on Prevost Trader. Good luck

Is the # you are calling for that one on Prevost Trader 1-813-323-3006?

I just realized that both adds are the same bus. I am going to venture a guess here and say that Bob is not returning your calls because he believes you are not a serious buyer. I could be wrong.

I will call him for you, please respond to his messages and e-mails if he sends them again.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 10-07-2008 at 04:05 PM.

Vinian, I think your coach is on Ebay
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Question Vivian Searching for her bus...

Morning All,
    About now many of you know how hard I've been searching for a bus...and you've guessed how scared I am of making a mistake..

The last two were both sold..but I have another one I could get now...
    I have the address for this one...

It's in Berryville Va..and I wonder if there might be anyone on the list anywhere near there that would be able to get to see it and give me an opinion with out too much inconvenience to you..

I'd have to go there and look for a mechanic to look at it and I would do that..but I'd feel a lot better if some one from POG who knows more than I do about the mechanical end could just take a look for me..

I'm just a driver and will have to have someone else do everything mechanically on any bus I own..

Many Thanks for a reply from someone here..
    Hugs Always Viv
    Private reply here or at: journeyone144@yahoo.com

I'm not close to the coach your interested in, but I have seen this one and if you can live with a buffalo on the back, there's not a better deal on an older bus anywhere.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...1%7C240%3A1308

Default getting to see coaches

VIV........Several people in POG have bought from Paul Davis at MR OLIVERS RV at very low prices. I have bought 3 busses from Paul within the past 10 years. He is 100% honest and will look out for your best interest. He will not sell you a coach with problems . The last Prevost that I purchased from Paul, I gave him the price that I wanted to pay but he refused my offer. Said I offered him too much. Reduce your offer by $6000.00 and we will have a deal. How many dealers would do that? .........Darrell

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Darrell that story is truly amazing.

Joe.........It is a true story. Ask Jim C or Mel Torme about doing business with Mr Olivers RV. ........Darrell