I have watched the ups and downs from the sideline because I am not a "player". We get the best compromise we can in a coach, and don't plan on selling it. We do that with all our "stuff".

But we also see some tremendous opportunities right now because there is no way to rebuild or build some of these coaches for the prices they are going for. The value received for the dollar spent is in my opinion unbelievably high.

I disagree with what AJ did on one level. If you can find a reasonably cheap way to store a bus for its occasional use (inside storage) that coast of ownership once the coach reaches a certain age is almost inconsequential. We aircraft owners can clearly understand that owning a bus is cheap compared to a plane of like value. With the plane, even before it is used that first hour you have the cost of annual inspections, IFR certifications, hangar rent, GPS or MFD software updates, charts, recurrent training, insurance, and hours needed just to remain legal, to say nothing of proficient.

Yet a bus that you like, that is in good shape, costs the price of insurance and license and storage. And even if you have a busy lifestyle there will always be a rally you can get to or some weekend getaway.

Yes tires and batteries age and need to be factored in, but if we can afford the bus in the first place it seems to me we need to have a drastic change in our personal finances or lifestyle to not be able to afford to hang onto an underutilized coach. Having said all that the proviso is that we have a relatively small sum invested, and not serious money needed for other purposes.