Thread: CruiseAir

Default CruiseAir

Looks like the compressor on my front CruiseAir is locked up. Can someone give me the contact info on the company that sells the rebuilt units.
    Our search engine, advanced or regular, leaves something to be desired.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Ted the thread is titled Cruseairs Demistafyed. It contains #s names and the charts for charge rates in relation to ambiant temps.

I do remember they are 1100 + freight with no exchange and come pre-charged. They are called AIG I think
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 10-05-2008 at 10:02 AM.

Ted,
    the guy's name is Johnny. Work phone at AAP is 804-633-9454. Cell phone is 804-380-6244.

16388 Industrial
    Milford, VA 22514

If I may offer one suggestion...

You may be 100% that you need a new compressor. However, I would talk with Johnny first. In my case, I thought it was my compressor. Instead, it was my capacitors. MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE!!!!! Maybe even mention that Adam the fiddle player suggested that you call him to make sure of the problem. Get your multimeter ready. He'll run you through a bunch of tests.

Good luck,

Adam

Hope you get it all worked out Mel....

Your comments about the search function is one reason I'm always bitching about the threads being in the wrong place. Would have been nice if you just could have searched "busted knuckles" and got your info!

Thanks, everyone. Adam I already switched the capacitor with one off another unit and still no go. I'll call Johnny in the morning and get one coming.
    Tom, I tried a bunch of different combinations including "Cruise Air" in busted knuckles. If there is a trick in using our search engine, I sure haven't found it.

wrongagain Guest

There is a tool to unstick a stuck compressor.
    Basically it is a series of oversized capacitors, that increase the hit the more switches you throw.
    Unless it is friction welded in place that tool will do it, 8 out of 10 times it will get it to move.
    I have had compressors last a half dozen years, even after others have pulled the blanket over its head.
    Most A/C shops should have one.
    If not a hard start kit is a $10.00 capacitor that is made to piggy back to your existing setup, it can get you going but is not a real huge jolt like the a/c stuck tool is.

Here is a good website for general info.
    http://www.inspect-ny.com/aircond/aircond15g.htm

dalej Guest

I had one that the motor was locked up after sitting a while. I could turn it by hand but it wouldn't start on it's own. I changed the motor out and it worked fine. I bought it from Grainger.

Might check the unit out before changing it.

Any questions, just give me a call.

I had a HVAC service tech reverse the polarity on a stuck compressor and got it going again, but it didn't last but a few weeks. It did last long enough to get a new one delivered and on hand to replace immediately when the original crashed.
    Look, it's just not worth putting up with the grief I'll get, if, when we're over at Texas Motor Speedway at the end of the month, the front AC goes down. The campground we're in over there is fifty acers of asphalt and even at the end of October it gets hot We were down at an antique show in central Texas last week when it quit and mother was not a happy camper.
    The unit actually quit cooling with the compressor still running and I thought I had freon leak. Then the next day the compressor failed to come on at all. Both capacitors check good and I even replaced the start capacitor hoping to kick it off, but no luck. It's time to replace the whole unit.

dalej Guest

Sounds like you have it narrowed down to replacement. It will give you peace of mind to have it replaced.