Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 65,000 Mi.Service

Harry,

Brake chambers are not a show stopper if they fail like an air bag failure would be so I understand the philosophy of running them til they fail.

If one fails on the service brakes it is just a matter of capping the line. If an emergency brake fails, cage the offending brake, cap the line and you are back on the road.

It sounds like you have done a well thought out maintenance routine.

Paul,

Have you considered a three axle alignment. It costs about $600 at Prevost. Your investment in tires will cost over $7K, I think it is worth the investment, I did the alignment when I replaced mine tires in jacksonville and am very pleased. Prevost Jacksonville gave me a 1yr. warrantee on all work and parts, but I think they will blame your alignment if you have problems, it is worth the extra bucks.

The answer to should the wheels be weight balanced along with Centramatics from them is:
    Should the tires/wheels be pre-balanced?

In most cases pre-balancing is not required. If a vibration still exits after installation, a computer balance of the problem position can indicate a mis-mounted or defective tire, a bent wheel or other “out of round” condition, that balance alone cannot correct. Wheel bearings should also be checked and defective parts replaced.
    Paul : My first set of tires wore evenly and the alighnment seems adequate. I'll do some future examination for any change here.

Denny: The lower A arm bushings look good. They are at a straight in position and the upper A arm bushings are at an angle, hence the early wear problem.
    Last edited by hhoppe; 10-03-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Harry,

It has always been recommended tome to fill the steer and tag hub reservoirs to the " add mark," and no higher. If you fill them above the 'add" mark, Prevost has had issues with them leaking: hence a replacement bill $$$$$.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 10-03-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

CO. Bus: I'm aware of that problem from past experiance on my old bus. The people doing my work this time have a lot of experiance, but I will check them myself as Jon & Ron Reagan said " trust but verify". I wouldn't want my newly "Micro Polished Wheels" to get all oily. If anyone is wondering where I'm going to get all the money for these repairs. " Damned if I know."
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Don't worry about where the money is coming from Harry. The politicians don't when they spend our money and we all know how smart they are.