Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windy City Joe set to come into So Cal !

Default Windy City Joe set to come into So Cal !

A deal was struck between the Jeepster of the California Cartel, and Windy City Joe of the Cannarozzi Crime Syndicate.

Joe is fixin to come to California and give me a hand changing out all my air bags (on the bus, not talking about KJ here) ,,, Norgren valves, and brake chambers.

I began having some minor leaning issues again, and decided after listening to the experts (Jon & Trukster & all my other POG buddies) to go with the shotgun approach and replace all of them.

I have no idea when or if any of these things were ever serviced or changed on my bus, so it will give me a baseline to go by as well.

I think given enough time I could figure out this stuff, but time is not in great supply at this point, and being as Windy City Joe has done this stuff for years, why not get someone who knows their stuff to show ya how its done eh?

The parts for all the above, plus a new manifold and all the relays for the air control is 2200.00 more or less.

I cannot disclose Joe's fee under an agreement between the families, but I can tell you he asked for payment in small, unmarked, non-sequential bills.

It will be good fun to meet Joe too I am sure..

A meeting of the Cali Cartel has been called for next Saturday, as we will be heading out to the taco shop at days end on Saturday, as nobody in the Cali Cartel has met Joe and we are all looking forward to it.

Additionally, if anyone else is passing by and wants to say hi, let me know and I will disclose the locations.

Jdub, if you want to fly the Dr Killer in, we are going to a superior Mexican joint!

I have to admit, I was starting to wonder about Joe, when we were on the phone working out flight reservations, and I asked him the correct spelling of his name, he said "hold on let me get my wallet out". I asked if he couldn't spell his own name and the reply was, "just seeing of there is a "J" in it".

I told him that all the common spellings of "Joseph" I knew of, seemed to contain one ????

Am I making a mistake here???

dalej Guest

Warren,

Sounds like your going to have a great time with Joe working on the bus. Wished I lived closer, I would love to help.

Take plenty of photos and keep us posted.

You're in good hands, Warren.

FYI Joe has an appreciation of well prepared pasta dishes as well, if my memory of our excursion into the Windy City serves me well

Have fun. Joe will be performing very similar surgery for me in January, so it's good he's keeping in practice

Petervs Guest

Maybe Joe was checking for a J in his name because the Mexican food pronunciation often has a J come out sounding like an H.....

While you are down there doing all that work, consider also replacing all your shock absorbers if they have been on there for a while. At $30 each from Prevost, and about 10 minutes a piece to install them it is hardly any more time or money, but the ride is improved!

I just changed mine and it really makes a difference.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

My middle name is John and I was checking if my photo ID did or did not contain that MIDDLE INNITIAL.

What a knucklehead you are Warren.

You better hope I can turn a wrench better than I can spell.

I am good at consuming tacos.

Joe,

Beware of the fumes that will coming from Jeep after the Taco deal!

Default Shocks

good idea, shocks on order!!!

Default Windy City Joe hits town and we start work...

Ahh,, work begins

By jello_jeep at 2008-10-03

Warren,

Will be arriving around 5PM. What address am I aiming for?

Ray

Orren Zook Guest

Joe

Here's a picture of the standard 3030 piggyback and the long stroke 3030. I usually look for the square ports as that's the easiest way to make it look like you know something about chambers when someone tosses one on the counter. Notice the top and bottom are the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images