Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spacemaker Coffee Maker

Default Spacemaker Coffee Maker

OK, so one of the critical components directly related to the safe operation of the bus is failing.

The Black and Decker coffee maker (ODC 325) that is original equipment on our Liberty now fails to transfer water from the tank to the filter basket. Since there is a cabinet dedicated to housing the coffee maker, and so far I haven't found a replacement that will fit, I would like to attempt to repair the existing one.

The first challenge is to remove the tamper-proof screw in the back that holds things together. Any ideas how to get this torx screw out while dealing with the little "post" centered in the middle of the screw to keep me from getting my torx bit in there?

And, if I can get this apart without destroying the entire coffee maker, any ideas as to why this won't transfer water from the tank to the basket?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

The problem is you drink too much coffee.

Default Spacemaker Coffee Maker

Phil: The coffee maker on my Liberty quit- It was the nipple on the water reservoir that went south. I could not find a replacement coffee maker that would fit the hole. Couldn't find a replacement nipple either. I gave up and started bumming off of Jon and Di.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

dalej Guest

Have you seen these in the hardware store?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dale, thanks for the info.

I'll try looking for them locally..... before going radical on that tamper-proof screw!

We have one that we have never used. It may work, or it may not.

It is free to whoever wants it. Since Di has just about run out of places to pack stuff for a trip, I figure if I make the coffee maker space available to her I might make some brownie points.

Jon,

I'll take you up on your generous offer. I'll bet that it will be the same size as mine.

Thanks!

And, I'll see you in Mobile.....

Default tamper proof screw tool

I found a tool at sears next to all of the Allen wrenches that works great. It has multiple sizes which I figure will come in handy some where in the future. Good Luck.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Paul: Sounds like you may have your problem solved. Anyone else with the same problem, We found a small 4 cup Cuisinart coffe maker that fits nicely into that coffe cabinet on our liberty. It only makes 4 small or two large cups at a time but that's all we need except when DaleJ comes begging with cup in hand. Sorry DaleJ but with the economy in such bad shape we had to cut somewhere and your were it.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Hi Paul. You might want to take out the cabinet and upgade to a new Stainless steel unit like what they are using on the new Liberty's.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide