Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDEC Test Port

Default DDEC Test Port

With Ray's help, I found a Pro-Driver to install in my bus. I want to use an adapter that will fit in the Test Port so I don't have to cut the wires during installation.

Can someone tell me where the test port is located on my bus? I need to find the port so I know what kind of adapter I need. I think I have looked in the obvious places, but I must have overlooked it somewhere.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale,

Two places I've seen the test ports.

1. in my CC, it was down below the electrical bay underneath the driver, where the compressor and air access is. There was a test port there, with a switch that activated it in test mode, which blinked codes to the dash.

2. Or, check under the dash or along the left side wall by the driver. Newer connectors are round, while the older connector is like the picture I sent you earlier this week, two rows of pins, somewhat link an old printer connect, only a little bigger.

Ray

Dale, if the plug you need is unavailable, you can make and use jumper wires to connect the plug to the receptacle. I had the same issue hooking up a Silverleaf Monitor to a Cummins engine and like you I didn't want to cut the wires. Radio Shack had stuff that adapted to both sides. You might also look and see if the jumper wire will slip into the back of the receptacle next to the original wires.

Dale, just to confuse you there may be multiple locations used for test ports and they may be Prevost locations or converter locations.

On our coach we have the rectangular port in the lower steer compartment, but to the left on the sidewall, low and to the rear of the driver's seat is a round port. Either one will work, but each requires a different adapter.

Dale,

Yours is on the left down by the Tag Axle switch. I was told the Pro Driver had to be hard wired to a specific location, but I can't remember who the source was.

I prefer to use the rectangular plug Jon is referring to. I just don't know if I have one. If I do, the adapter plug that Ray originally purchased may fit.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale, for the $50 price of an adapter you can use the round plug behind the driver's seat. Routing the wires may prove easier.

Jon, If I don't find a rectangular plug, I intend to get the round adapter. I sent an email yesterday to the company that sells the adapters. I asked about the availability of the adapter that I will need.
    Dale & Paulette

One thing Dale, if you use the adapter that I originally sold to Mike. If I remember correctly it was an adapter from a regular computer printer old style parallel port (DB-25) to the DDEC plug. It was the plug that was on my portable DDEC reader. So, in that case you would get the DB-25 connect at something like radio shack, and the wire the Pro Driver wires to that. Then, simply plug in the adapter, and plug the adapter into the test port.

Ray

Ray,

I really have no idea what I am talking about at this point, since I have never seen a Pro-Driver. I should receive the one through the mail by Wednesday, and I am sure I will have other questions at that time. Thanks for the info.
    Dale & Paulette