Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aqua Hot Problem

Default Aqua Hot Problem

Fortunately not my system...I am at Outdoor Resorts Blue Ridge and a guy down the way is in an H model Millenium. His aqua hot unit is leaking coolant . Facing the unit it appears to be coming from right rear corner. Unfortunately this is the "box" portion of the unit and no way( I can see) to get inside without removing entire unit. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Cary Grant,

Get some up close photos to help us out a bit. The only guy here with a Millennium is BOB-xx and he has his butler maintain the system.

Mike

Grant,

You can remove most of the "box" part of the AquaHot or at least the end where all the circulation pumps are and most of the plumbing. That would be the first place I would start.

Bare in mind that you may have to remove some trim to get to the box. Our Royale had a door and trim all around the AquaHot, but a few screws would allow you to take it all off and thus you could pull the end off of the unit and get to the head and such. As often as those have to be serviced, there has to be a relatively easy to get to it.

JDUB

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Cary Grant,
    Get some up close photos to help us out a bit. The only guy here with a Millennium is BOB-xx and he has his butler maintain the system.
    Mike
    Grant, the "butler" has asked me to inform you that your friend with the Millennium needs to call Brian directly at Millennium and ask him where to start. It is a tough job, and you can remove the stainlees and get to the box with the Aquahot but he would definitely call Brian before attempting to repair the system. Brian is extremely knowledgeable and will give you a starting point according to the description of the problem. Butler Bob has been into our Millennium aqua-hot system to re-set the relay so I would listen to his advice.

Mango, the Butler is not for hire He has that posted on his driver door......

Thanks for the replys..the trim is removed (as you will see) seems to be leaking from sommewhere other than the "business end" Hopefully photos will at least show area of leak.( Right rear area) I think the pictures are attached,if not this presents a whole new host of issues.aqua hot 001.jpg
    Last edited by grantracy; 07-02-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Grant
    Just a thought, the electric heat unit may be leaking and the coolant running across the pan before it finds a hole to drip out of. The heating unit is covered with a 3" or so square plate just inside the cover that is removed in the picture you attached. Before removing the unit one should closely inspect for leaks four places. 2 are the taps for the heat zones. One is the drain pipe and the last is the electric heat unit. These are all threaded into the boiler section and if leaking the coolant could be dropping into the bottom of the pan. Hope it is this simple

Checked all the connections no obvious leaks. Pardon my ignorance but what is contained in the sealed "box" itself? Is this the heat exchanger ?
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

I talked to Vehicle Systems in Colorado today; my Aqua Hot blows fuse "F" 30 seconds after it is turned on. According to the trouble shooting guide (which is wrong!) the diesel fired thermostat is not working. They suggest testing it for continuity (it tested good) and then replacing if necessary.

I called VS and spoke to Mike in service; he said that the blower motor and blower motor bearings are bad and should be changed. He also suggested changing the 2 clutches while I am at it along with the fuel nozzle and fuel filter. So I ordered the parts and they will arrive in a few days.

I checked on PrevoMan.com but could not find how to change a blower motor, blower motor bearings, and the clutches. I have an appointment with Newell in 2 weeks but I would kinda like to try to do this myself. Could anybody tell me if this is a big deal? I searched the threads, but I could not find anything except this one.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

dalej Guest

Tuga, what does Karen think of you trying to do this?

Tuga,

It is not a big deal to do. I had that exact problem heading out to POG 1 and I had them send me the parts while we were at the rally and we tore it apart on the picnic table and fixed it in about an hour.

Just make sure you mark or know how the wires hook back together. I think they are color coded, but it has been 7 rallies ago and A1 (back when he was still just "Jon") and MangoMike were helping as well, so that could cause some fuzziness.