Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 90 miles east of Baton Rouge need tire help

Default Characters building Character

Barbara: I sure am glad to hear you are on board to help Richard get thru this trying ordeal. I know he said it builds character, but he maybe like me and has enough character to last him till the next trip.

Travel Safe
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Roger,

I am thinking about replacing my character with another character after this ordeal, what do you think I should do?

All, on the tire discussion, we ended up with a Yokohama and left Slidell, LA at 4:30 p.m. yesterday, we stopped at 1:30 a.m in Sculenburg, TX. I think that was TEN hours two of which were spent sitting still near St Charles, LA due to rush hour and accidents.

We are now in Deming, New Mexico, 80 miles west of El Paso, having arrived at the respectable hour of 10:00 p.m. On to Costa Mesa tomorrow.

So far we have logged about 2,000 miles in the '96 VOGUE with only the tire issue, one heck of a bus this thing is. MPG is averaging 6.6 and we have definitely not been averaging 63.5 mph, not even close. It has been windy most of the trip. I-10 is one sorry excuse for an interstate. I-10 in west Texas posts speed limits of 80mph for cars and 70 for trucks. So what do busses get to go?

Saw seven Prevosts heading east in Texas today, 2 XLIIs and 5 XLs.

Time for some sleep. Thanks again for all of your input.

Richard and Barbara
    96 Vogue XL40
    02 Marathon XLII 45

Richard,

If you think I-10 is bad now, the stretch between Lafayette and Lake Charles used to be so rough (expansion joints every 20') that it would jar your teeth It has been overlaid with asphalt now and is much smoother.

The section approaching the Lake Charles bridge is notorious for traffic jambs. Apparently, Mexico and VietNam didn't teach driver's education! Wrecks are common!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot