Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Ignition Power

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    So far we have three POGGERS who have had problems starting their bus and all three had issues that were easily resolved.

I nominate Loc, our master wordsmith and punster to begin an article listing things to consider when your bus will not start, and then to maintain it as other group members relate their experiences with starting. Just to help the poor guy who now works for us, the taxpayers, here are three I know about.

Rick DeSilva, tripped circuit breaker in the rear electrical box. Either 19, 20 or 21. Rick, which one, or should all be checked?

Dan Smith, bad selector switch in rear. The bus would rear start, but when the switch was in the front start position it would not start.

Loc Ness, alarm system disabled ignition system. This may not apply to coaches without a key pad, and some converter installed systems may also disable a coach, but the remedy may be specific to the system installed.
    Here's a recap Will.

JIM

Don't confuse things Jim. If Will was playing with the rear start selector switch and got it going all indications lead back to that as the problem. Finding the two terminals to connect together takes the switch out of the circuit and should solve his problem plus confirm it was the switch.

Within the circuit (at least on my vintage coach) is also the key switch, so if it turns out (by testing with a multi-tester) the rear switch is not the problem then look there next, but unless Will adds more info I'm guessing the three way selector switch in the rear box.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default I'm thinking that too!

Jon,

Nothing more to add right now. I spoke with Joe C last night and I am feeling positive the selector switch is the likely culprit. The only things I touched last night were the dash ignition switch, the inadvertant touch to the rear selector switch and the engine bay light switch. Based solely on that I would think the problem is related to one of the three. I doubt the engine bay lights or the circuit feeding them is the problem since they work like they are supposed to. I'll know more by 0900 hours this morning. Now if I just had not fixed those engine bay light fixtures two weeks ago I might be looking south right now!

Thanks Jim and Jon for the comments.