Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: H340 Wanted - "Update"

The air system leaks can drive a person crazy because there are so many places for leaks to occur. Some common ones are the regulator above the engine that controls the belt tensioner, the floor slide, and the air suspension system.

Prevost or the converter will be happy to find them. At $100 per hour anybody will be happy to try to find them. Often the easiest way to find them is patience and a logical plan.

One way to help is to be able to turn off each circuit individually so it can be determined which circuit(s) are leaking and making the effort to find the leaks easier. I added a shut off valve to each house air circuit. Now if I start puking air I can turn off the entire house air and narrow my search by 50%. No need to be this elaborate. A simple pipe plug will do the same thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

House circuits that I can think of on my coach, also a Liberty.

Generator air bags, air horns, driver's seat, bed lift, pocket doors, floor slide, and dump valves. There may be more items, but I think I got them all.

The chassis aux air system includes the air suspension (starting with the solenoid valves in the steer compartment, all Norgren valves and all air bags), the belt tensioner in the engine compartment, air shutters (if equipped), front door air lock, tag axle lift, and windshield wipers on some older coaches.

jkbriggs Guest

Some good news... I increased system pressure from 42 to about 58 psi. The pocket door now works great (go figure). Found one leak around tubing off of pressure swith, added JB Weld, and appears o.k. for now? Compressor goes longer in between cycles (but nowhere near 3 hrs so I'll start chasing leaks).

FYI - found pages in notebook with 12v identification of fuses & circuit breakers.

I will spend some more time tinkering (I can see this may become a lifestyle) before I get back to you with more questions.

Again, thanks for all of your input! It has helped me tremendously. - Jody

There you go, Jody. One little victory at a time and with each fix you learn something that helps down the road. I've never heard of anyone using JB Weld to fix an air leak. Usually a little plumbers putty or Teflon tape is the way to go. But, if it worked, so be it.