Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: H340 Wanted - "Update"

The watch dog is the monitor that provides a number of functions. It will start your generator if on "auto-start" to keep the batteries charged, it will start if you command it to start with shore power disconnect, and it will shut down the generator if it overheats or loses oil pressure.

It can be disconnected, but you lose the automatic shutdown in case of mechanical problem on your generator.

Jody,

The webasto is a diesel fired burner which heats your water, and provides for heating as well.

As a difference to the cruise airs, which might also provide heat, the webasto system can work on 12V, while the cruise airs require that you either be plugged into shore power, or running the generator.

The webasto's generally work very well, and are easy to repair/maintain. There are several threads here in the forum regarding various repairs.

I don't believe cruise air heat functions below about 40 degrees F. IN that case only your webasto is going to keep you warm.

Ray

Good going on the generator, Jody. For a quick repair on the plug, just wrap the stripped threads with five or six layers of teflon tape and see if that won't hold the connection.
    The Webasco is your diesel fired heater system. Your coach will have two separate thermostats for that system. Not the same ones as the CruiseAirs. If the Webasco is working properly, you will love it. Keeps the entre coach nice and warm with moist heat. The CruiseAirs will also provide heat, so you just decide which system you prefer. If the Webasco is not working properly, there is a ton of info on POG to help you get it up and running. We love our Webasco.
    The air pressure for the door can be bumped up. Look in the first compartment drivers side. You will see a number of 1/4" air lines and the pressure is controlled by a valve close by in that compartment. Lift it up, screw it in a turn and push it back down. Liberty labels all the air lines and each line has it's own small needle valve. Be sure the valve for the pocket door is opened all the way. That may be all you need to do to fix the door problem. I wouldn't modify the system. Once you get it working properly you will like it.

jkbriggs Guest

Just for my clarification, is Webasco for when parked, can/should it be used when on the road? I do have OTR which I assume produces heat also?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

You can use it going down the road for cabin heat when it is nessessary during extreem conditions.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 09-27-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Just a note here. You see many people spelling this product name with a C, when it's a T. The product is a Webasto heater. To the very best of my knowledge, there is no Webasco. Luckily however, if you are looking for parts, and Google Webasco, it comes back with Webasto!

Ray

Thumbs up

Ray, you could get sheep over remarks like that.

Ray, you could get sheep over remarks like that.
    Yeah, maybe. Although I hope that my intent was obvious. Not to burn anyone, just to educate.

ray

Hey Ray,
    If any of the California Cartel needs WEBASTO parts (Vehicle Systems, Inc), you will be passing them on I-76 as you come to our house, or we can run up there after you get here. Its only 32 miles. I need to run up there for a new nozzle for our coach..
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Thanks Jim,

We actually have a pretty decent supplier I found down in the Fontana area when I had to replace the fuel pump in my unit. I believe Ken also used them. But, before I come through Denver, I'll check and see if anyone needs anything.

Ray