Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: H340 Wanted - "Update"

jkbriggs Guest

Good info - I'll try all of it and let you know.

Judi Brown Guest

Default H340

On cabinet latches,We got lucky, there was a bunch of new ones in a draw.
    They fit the amana fridge two,my husband looked everywhere for 1 for bottom of fridge door, with know luck and found these in drawer. I will look at name on package for you if you want. The light on our gen has to be green or the gen does not turn over. We have to charge gen. battery quite often.
    If light above gen. does not show green, I would hook up booster battery.
    we had quite a problem getting started first time and also had to change
    fuel filter and rad. got hot and there is a safety on and would only run for 10 min. and rad. was low. That toggle switch above red reset, we leave in off.
    But if you put good battery and pull electric shut off and use screw driver on starter,it don't matter what position switch is in. There is dryer on compressor
    and the bottom plug was broke and air was blowing out and compressor did not shut off. Here is part #H315 and rvdweb.com. Designer collection for cabinet latch. I will watch your posts and ask husband, what we did to overcome as we were green and had plenty of problems. Now I wanted to upgrade and he said over his dead body. He loves the size and when we go to campgrounds herein Can. people ask if they can have look in side.
    JB

jkbriggs Guest

Thanks Judi. I have a feeling we might be talking often as our set ups sound pretty similar. Jody

A word of caution with the generator, please stay back from any moving parts when working around the generator as it may start without any warning. Loose clothing , scarves, ties etc. should not be worn around the generator.
    You have only one 120 volt circuit breaker panel. It should be inside your coach and each breaker is labeled as to its purpose.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

jkbriggs Guest

Generator: I checked the battery w/my charger and its Full. To verify power, I was able to jump-across the starter solenoid and got the gen to turn-over (I didn't let it start because I wasn't sure if I could turn if off or not?). Tried toggle switch in gen elec bay, no reaction. There is a fuse (?) or reset button? with 25 (amp) on the same box, but pushing it did not work either. Main gen switch in same bay is on and I pushed the red re-set button next to it. Any ideas of what to try next? Also, I discovered I have the "watchdog" box as well (not sure what it is though). Thanks as always - Jody

Sounds like you have followed everyone's suggestions without yet finding the problem. Time to start tracking the power from the battery from one connection to the next. Might start by first checking the battery connections and be sure you have a good ground connection. The red button is the cranking breaker that will pop if the starter runs for longer than 20 or 30 seconds without the gen set starting. If it is pushed in (set) that is the correct position. I would still check it for power on each side which will involve removing the cover from that box. While your in there, check the power on each side of the main generator breaker. You've got a gremlin somewhere that you will just have to search out and repair.
    If you do decide to let the generator start and run for awhile, the only way to stop it will be to stop the flow of diesel some way. Pinching the fuel line will work but it could also cause a leak if the line is old.
    If Jon gets up before noon today, he may have additional (smarter) suggestions. I'd bet it's something simple so don't panic and do something like go to Stewart & Stevenson and spend a grand for no reason.
    Start at the battery and go one connection to the next. Pop the interior switches and check them for power also. You can fix this, just go slow and think it through.

Well, here it is past noon and I have all my work done for today. it sure pays to get up early. At least earlier than some of the worms found here.

If you have the watchdog, there is a reset button on the bottom. If you press it the status light should show green. Try that. If that light on the watchdog shows it is ready then hold the generator start button inside the coach until the two lights light and then release it. The generator will take about 30 seconds to start cranking.

If that does the work the watchdog may have puked. You will then have to talk to Liberty.

There is a way to bypass the watchdog on the 97 Liberty.

I need to go down to the bus barn and refresh my memory on how to make this work and at least you'll remove this part of the puzzle.

Mike

If you pull the flat cord out of the bottom of the watchdog box and then turn the switch from watchdog tomanual, you can try starting the generator from the switch on the generator.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

jkbriggs Guest

GENERATOR SUCCESS! There was a large plug in the L.H. side of the box (w/toggle switch) that was loose. Plugged it in & ran it for 2 hrs. Although it has a tightening ring, the ring does not screw on tightly. Any ideas on how to better secure w/stripped out ring? I really appreciate all of your help! You saved me $$$

My "watch dog" has a green "on" light and a start light, but no re-set buttons (just a fuse). It appears to be ok. What does this unit do?

NEXT - What is the Webasco switch (@ driver area) for and when would I use this feature? I successfully turned on the 3 Cruise Air units, do these provide heat as well?

NEXT - Pocket Door: It was stuck shut. I took it off, cleaned & lubed track and replaced. Although it works minimally better, still needs hand-assist to open & close all the way. Ques.: can the air-pressure to this unit be increased? (would that help?) or has someone come up w/an alternative solution to an air-pocket door? I would consider eliminating the air function for a roller-track type, but I can't get into the pocket for installation.

Thanks again - Jody