Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holding Tanks Level Monitors

Hello everyone. I have the Phoenix Monitor System on my 02 Royale. It doesn't record gray and black tank levels - they always show empty. Am wondering if there is a reset on the system or some easy solution that will get the gauges working properly? Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich Potter
    02 Prevost Royale

Rich,

You can try one of the cleaners that is supposed to remove gunk from your sensors and see it that works.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Rich,

I assume the freshwater reading is correct. The Royale Phoenix system looks pretty simple. It has tubes placed in the tanks and remotely measures the pressure in the tubes. It's possible that the tubes are simply clogged. If so, it looks like you could blow them out. If blowing them out doesn't work, it's likely the sensor. If the fresh water one is working you could troubleshoot the others by connecting the gray or black tube to the fresh water sensor port and see if the freshwater sensor reads the level in the other tanks. I don't have the instructions, but I would guess you have to start with an empty tank after moving or disconnecting the hose to the sensors.

Good luck,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

The level indicators that use air pressure to determine the level work pretty well. The biggest issue is the air line that goes sin the tank is prone to clogging. Try blowing it out with air. Do not blow air towards the receiver, the part that the air hooks to that determines the actual air pressure, the air pressure that is used to measure the level is only about 1 lb per foot of tank depth. Good Luck

Mikee

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    If so, it looks like you could blow them out.
    How do you blow them out? Do you have to remove the sensor from the top of the tank? Thanks!

Dick,

The Tank Sentury models have an air hose that goes from the bottom of the tank to a sensing device. You can disconnect the hose at the tank or the sensing device to blow it out. Once the hose is reinstalled, the Tank Sentury will need to be calibrated. The method varies with model. The therory of operation is really simple. The sensing device blows air down the tube to allow the fluids to then excerpt pressure up the hose. The hydrostatic pressure is then easily measured by the sensing. The sensing device is connected to the remote monitoring panel.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Call Glen, Royale Phoenix He built it, the fix is cheap

Anyone care to detail installation of Sea level tank monitor and reliability
    George and Joan
    1998 Royale Aug 2019
    Goldsboro NC
    Just added a 2022 Ford King Ranch

Hi George,
    I installed a Sealevel system this winter and it went well. One thing I did that might be a little different is being my tanks were 28 and 22" tall they call for two sensors each to be installed in series to read the complete tank levels. instead I installed one sensor strip on the bottom of my fresh tank and one strip at the top of my Grey Black tank. So I know when one tank is on its bottom 2/3 (fresh) and when my Grey Black is filling its top 2/3. Initally I was only going to install on one tank as when one empties the other fills fairly equally so didnt see a reason to measure both tanks. ( I normally fill my fresh tank and dump the grey at the same time. Dont normally run on park pressure.) The way I have it installed now does give me accurate measure on when one is dropping and the other is rising so thats why Ive installed it like I did. So far so good. A lot cheaper then repairing the Head Hunter system I had before. And quieter!
    Craig Lenz
    Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan
    --------------------------------
    1996 Angola XLV #5688
    Twin Entry / Wheelchair Accessible

You can find the installation instructions for the different models here:

SeaLevel

I've had the system on three different coaches. Never a failure, never anything but rock solid indications.
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII