Hey All,
finally had some internet time to catch up with all the goings on at POG. Exciting times. Spearfish looked awesome.... And that fancy Liberty for sale on Ebay... my mouth was watering. Glad we'll get to hear about it some more since it is now a POG bus. (Do we all get to drive it?)

Hey, quick question about generator oil changes....

We are heavy into our tour. All is going well, but we find that we use the generator quite a bit. Easily 100 hrs. a month. Maybe closer to 100 hrs. every other or every third week. I have Pensoil 10W-40 in it, as Powertech recommends. (Oh, my gen is a Powertech, Kubota motor, 20KW marathon end) I changed the oil a walmart the other day. (They took the old oil, and were happy to do so. Powertech recommends changing oil every 100hrs, filter every 200. The issue here is that I'm throwing out some pretty clean looking oil every 100 hrs. It is almost new looking. (OK, it is a LITTLE darkened, but mostly new looking.)

Any thoughts on this subject? Priority #1 is to care for the generator. And I'll happily change it every 100hrs. But it seems like a waste of perfectly good oil. I'm thinking that since I'm changing it frequently and that since my usage style is to run it for 4 -6 hrs. at a time (not lots of on and off), I'm going pretty easy on my oil.

Also, does anybody know the FRAM fuel filter # for a Powertech gen?

Thanks,

Adam