Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Virtual Coach

Default Chingadingaleer

Chingadingaleer:
    The word is derived from the red neck dialect (that rhymes) originating in Oklahoma and like manure is spread across the Southwest into Texas and on into the Southeastern US. It is seldom used north of the Mason-Dixon line. The word with its multiple syllables dissolves like this: Chin- a sound heard when inserting coins into a slot machine - anticipating a pay back that never materializes, - chinga- a sound heard when a vendor puts money into his cash register ; or something similar to a wind chime - makes noise to a point you don’t want to hear any more, dinga - originating from the sheep herds in Oklahoma as in dingle berries located near the source of lamb fries. Completely useless, but exist in reality- they just kinda hangout and hang on. Leer- derived from the French, and mutilated by the redneck community to emulate something along the lines of the chandelier. Flashy, Bright, Shiney, useless, expensive, and is almost always found attached and eventually evolves into Liberty BLING ! So there. Plain English no Latin
    B. S. Webster
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Roger,

I thought "chingadingaleer" was from the old okie word "chingalator" which was any part on any machine that didn't have a proper name.

Example; "I don't know why the tractor won't start. We checked the starter and that chingalator that hooks up to it and it won't crank."

We had a sand delivery unit at Halliburton that was listed on the equipment board as a "chingalator" because it came from the plant with no official name or designation. Thus it got the generic moniker.

Default chingalator

JDUB:
    I was following Jons lead: If you don't know the answer - we will make one up.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I knew you were 'fluffin' me. (See I get around). In the stuffy, self-indulget north we call those dealies, "watchamacallits."

I can see Ben right now trying to figure out how to use these words in his next book.

matsprt Guest

Default Southwest influence

I have to ask...is this any relation to our "el chingadarea" we have over here in the southwest ??

Michael

Michael,

I think you are exactly right. A chingalator from south of the border.

Here in our neck of the woods, those things are called "Dumaflotchies".

Jim,

I think they also call them a "hootis" in your part of town.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Lets get back to the original thought of the thread.

I would like a option that I could remotly opporate the toad while pulling it. To be able to start it and then take it from neutral to drive and then visa-versa so I can use it for a pony motor going up hills. On demand of course. We dont need propane injection We would also enjoy a screen door entrance.

To be continued
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 09-03-2006 at 10:15 AM.