Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Virtual Coach

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Joe: Of course the Jake in a Pete with a manual is Jon's most fervent wish.

Oh, I would add to the virtual coach:

A heavier duty front end to accomodate Lew's True Value.

dalej Guest

Man this new coach sounds awsome, is it going to be at POG II in Santa Fe? Can we keep the price down too, I'd like to be able to trade every 5 years or so just to keep up with all the latest tech & blingy stuff. Seems I always wanting to add it to our 86.

Default Right on Dale

Dale - You hit the nail on the head- I would hope to see that coach in Santa Fe and at the right price
    - I'll trade if the price is right
    Go Bob Barker
    Roger that

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Be Careful What You Wish For....

Liberty Coach committed to the following:

If a POG member has an interest in a specific coach, they will bring it to a POG rally to get the deal done.

Roger, THAT!

The wants:

• I really like the idea about the power washer built into one of the bays. I don't have a wash bay in my garage like JW, so this would be a nice treat in keeping that baby shinning.

• A really good pin point reading lamp above the co-pilots chair.

• A better set of headlamps

• Built in vacumn system

• 8 x 10 glossy of Jon and Lew.... (naked)

MM

Just Plain Jeff Guest

MM:

Did you lose that picture AGAIN?

Default No Bling There

I don't know for sure, but that sounds to me like the opposite of Bling- I am not interested in that photo
    Roger

Fast Roger,

No problem. and yes... we still have that photo of you Should bring a pretty penny on ebay, or the next UCDA rally.

MM

Jon, I 2nd your thoughts about the trans retarder, I am now up in Yellowstone and this is my first trip with a 17000LB trailer, try slowing this without toasting the trans fluid. I own and have driven 80,000lb trucks with jakes and I for the life of me can not understand why some SOB took the jakes away and used this retarder(retard)! And I was told the retarder cost way more than the jake's, now I know why.
    Kevin

Let me see if I can put this in perspective.

Prevost takes a very good coach and in the interest in improvements they do the following:

They put fuel fill capability on both sides and just so you know they improved the coach they made it so it would puke #2 all over you.

Then they replace a perfectly good Jake brake with a transmission retarder that is guaranteed to fry the fluid, so when Allison downloads the data they can say "sorry we can't repair this under warranty because you fried the fluid".

In the interests of improvements they replace the dual sealed beam headlights that preceded the Ford plastic headlights. The improvement benefitted the oncoming traffic, at the expense of the Prevost driver who can no longer see deer in the road at night until he hits the deer. My old dual headlights would make the road look like daylight.

But because of the complexity they are apparently still working on trying to get my dash lights bright enough so I can actually see the gauges at night.