Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prevosts and Moonshine at Spearfish

Unfortunately we didn't meet anyone along our return home, but we did 1490 miles in two days. When we left Spearfish we set all the clocks to eastern time and drove from 6:00 AM eastern (when we were actually heading east on I-90), to 6:30 PM. The following morning we departed at 6:00 from just north of KC, MO to arrive in Knoxville at 7:30.

The Pro Driver says the mileage from Knoxville TN to Jamestown NY to Spearfish SD to Knoxville TN is 7.31 MPG towing the Hummer at just over 62 MPH.

We had a lot of fun and the frosting on the cake was when Jim announced he was buying the King's Liberty.

Hey Jon, At 51,200 coach lbs and 4800 Rover lbs, we did our entire up to Spearfish and back at 7.2 at 63 mph. Not bad for a beached whale.
    Glad everyone made it home safely.!
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

We left Roger and Miki late Friday evening and arrived at home about 3 P.M. today. When we stopped in Montgomery to fill up with diesel ($3.85), we had a clean bus. When we arrived at home 3 hours later, this is what it looked like. Thousands of Love Bugs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale, you need someone to wash the bugs off the front of that bus.

Micki and I got home Sat about fiveish. We went 4272 miles in 12 days. You dont want to know how much fuel I bought and then gave 100 gallons to some thief in Gillette, Wy.

Note to everyone: When fueling at a truck stop, be sure to lock your tanks. We left our bus unattended for a couple of hours while eating out and shopping at Wal Mart (were all bus owners shop) we got ripped off for 100 gallons of fuel. If you have a new to you bus and don't believe the fuel gauge telling you that your empty you will run out of fuel as I did. I was certain that I could go another 600 miles. NOT! Thanks to Dale, Paulette, Eric, Debi, and Jay for assistance while sitting in the middle of the road at a rest stop.

I will always lock my fuel access doors from now on. Although in this case I wonder if they would have just pryed the door open and stole the fuel.????

We certainly had a safe and fun trip. It was great to see everyone again.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Roger
    Well at least you know that your fuel guage is accurate! You were really lucky that you were pulling into a rest stop and not out on the road and you had some POG's to help out. Thankfully everything ended up OK. The only problem is, I think that this is one of those things that will just keep coming back to haunt you. It would however make a good MINI commercial
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Default Spearfish return trip update.

I know this is a little late but I wanted everyone to know about an incident on our return from Spearfish.

We were staying at the Double Dice Campground in Elko where I met a fellow from MD driving a nice Liberty. He was worried because his main alternator belt was shredding and he hadn't been able to locate one nearby. They were going east and there isn't much from Elko to Salt Lake. Guess what, I had bought a spare at the auction in Spearfish for 5 bucks (a hell of a deal!!) so I gave it to the poor Prevost owner. The next day he wanted to pay me so I finally accepted the amount I paid for the belt. I also told him about POG and gave him a brochure and my card. Now that should have been the end of the story, right?

Well, yesterday a package arrived at my office and in it was a brand new belt. This fellow is Jim Hatfield and he owns a Body Shop called Ed and Jim's in Baltimore, MD. I called Jim and thanked him for being such a 'classy' guy'. He simply said he went to buy a spare belt and bought me one too. And paid damn near nine dollars to send it.

What is the moral of this story? I think this just reinforces my belief that some of the 'Classiest' and nicest people I know drive a Prevost.

Darl

dalej Guest

Great story Darl!

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    Dale, you need someone to wash the bugs off the front of that bus.

Micki and I got home Sat about fiveish. We went 4272 miles in 12 days. You dont want to know how much fuel I bought and then gave 100 gallons to some thief in Gillette, Wy.

Note to everyone: When fueling at a truck stop, be sure to lock your tanks. We left our bus unattended for a couple of hours while eating out and shopping at Wal Mart (were all bus owners shop) we got ripped off for 100 gallons of fuel. If you have a new to you bus and don't believe the fuel gauge telling you that your empty you will run out of fuel as I did. I was certain that I could go another 600 miles. NOT! Thanks to Dale, Paulette, Eric, Debi, and Jay for assistance while sitting in the middle of the road at a rest stop.

I will always lock my fuel access doors from now on. Although in this case I wonder if they would have just pryed the door open and stole the fuel.????

We certainly had a safe and fun trip. It was great to see everyone again.

Hey Roger,

How difficult was it to bleed the air out of the series 60? How did you do it? Is it self priming?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

If you should run one dry removing and filling the fuel filters tends to add years to the starter.

Great story Darl.... You never did tell me how you made out with the Alternator?