Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prevosts and Moonshine at Spearfish

Tuga: It ain't a good thing to run out of fuel in a bus. It is helpful to know that you are out of fuel. It took a while for it to sink in that I was truly out . To increase the fun, we were directly in front of the rest rooms, and blocking the road for the truckers, even tho they would squeeze by, while Eric Faires & I(he was there too) held our breath. Would you believe a Mini Cooper would push a Prevost - it will and did.

Dale Farley was with me and we even changed the Rycor filter and he obtained enough fuel by draining some fuel from his Rycor filter to fill mine to the brim.

I finally fired up the gen and when it ran for about 2 minutes and died and would not restart, I was pretty well convinced that I was out of fuel.

The service truck guy from a truck stop from about a mile away poured in 10 gallons, then I held the rear start button down while he multi tasked by holding the schrader valve in on the cartridge filter (letting the air out), and intermittenly squirting starting fluid into the breather. It would partialy run while I continued to engage the starter, and sooner than I expected he stated that the filter is full now, do it again and it started, sputtered a few times and smoothed out.

I later pumped 213 gallons into a 208 gallon tank. Which is wrong here the chicken or the egg?

I thought that I would have to bleed off the generator but no, it cranked up and ran sooner than I expected.

I would have preferred not to run out, but having done so I knew A1 had rigged up a primer hose on his Liberty and had a small sprayer that he could pump fuel into his filter, but A1 was up at 2:30 am and a couple hundred miles away. I did call him, he offered to turn around but , I declined.-NOT

Fuel doors are locked and the price of fuel is dropping.

Since my experience with this- I have been told by several truck stop folks that there are professional thieves that can suck 60 gallons a minute out of your tank. That is a lot faster than I can put it in.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Thanks for the info Roger, I have had to bleed off air whenever I change my generator fuel filters. I was just wondering how it was done on the series 60.

It is amazing that people would steal diesel fuel in a truck stop; but I guess that is what the world is coming to. Good post.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    It is amazing that people would steal diesel fuel in a truck stop; but I guess that is what the world is coming to. Good post.
    What better place to find trucks and maybe a bus with full tanks of fuel.... they watch who is fueling on arrival at the truck stop then while the driver is in the restaurant, c-store or shower drops a siphon hose into your tank for a couple minutes then off down the highway. Keep your fuel doors locked and don't park where big trucks can pull along side your rig.