Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Dryer?

Hector, If that does not prove to be the source of the leak, check the small (1.8") tubing going to the guages on the dash and the brass fittings on the back of the guages. That proved to be the "big leaker" on our 93 CC. New brass fittings and spliced the tubing well back into the dash area where it had been rubbing. We now hold pressure for weeks.

I see the last cartridge I purchased from Prevost (Mar 08) was $61.28. I need to get another one while I doing my annual routine maintenance on the bus.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

I did find a Prevost document ( http://www.prevostcar.com/DB/service...ng/Mi04-12.pdf) that said if you have the AD-2 dryer, change it every year. Change all other dryers every 2 years.
    Dale & Paulette

I just called my local NAPA that specializes in bus/truck parts, and they have the spin-on cartridge for $29.67.
    Last edited by dale farley; 04-30-2010 at 11:07 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

Quote Originally Posted by Will Garner View Post
    Jim,

Question for you. Are the pictures looking up from the floor or down onto the top of the mounting base? I just need to get oriented this morning.

Thanks
    Will, they are top views, that is looking down.

On an XL you can not get your head in a position to see what the photo shows. You Will, will work blind with your arms in the air.

There is a space to get your torso in a workable position, but invariably when you start to work there is some tool or part that is not at hand and you must crawl out to get it. For this job you need the canister some rags a 20" breaker bar w/6"extension and a heavy duty strap wrench to fit, also a little lube for the O-ring and large seal. Be sure to remove the old O-ring. mark the canister with a magic marker (for tightening reference and keep it in the plastic bag until needed.

Schedule Carol to be standing by for tool/part runs.

This job has a three bumps on the head rating

JIM
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 04-30-2010 at 06:16 PM.

I believe Will has the cartridge that is held in place with 3 or 4 small bolts and a large snap ring. His is located more conveniently on the passenger side up on the frame in between the tag and drive axles. His cartridge drops down.

scott13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Scott, reference Ed's post above, yours might be the same, but I see it is a few years newer. (nice to have pit access but not necessary) The canister style is very convenient to change.
    If yours is different try to change it before you exchange the whole unit, the maintenance change might not be that difficult, just different.
    When you get to the task take pictures and post your contribution on the forum. If you don't know how to post pictures take them anyway and some day you will learn how to post or someone else will do it for you.

JIM
    I think my wife has figured out the posting past. I'm going to start with an oil change and a grease job. Then move on to something harder. I have a small window in the door to replace also.