Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cost of maintaining a Prevost Bus

Larry,

I understand you may be looking at the Liberty at Steve Bennet's shop? It was previously owned by a POG member here. I have personally seen it, and it's a very nice coach, and I'm sure it would treat you well for many years.

The previous owners were full-timers, so it is well used, but also well taken care-of.

They did some tile work in that coach which is stunning.

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Dale that is one of, better posts. Give us an update when you roll back in the barn.

We should make an effort to share more similar trips and stories. I can see how many of our discussions might give newcomers pause.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 09-09-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Ray, that is correct, I am going to Ca. Coach this week to see Steve and the '97 Liberty.
    You seem to have some knowledge of this bus, what more can you tell me?

Larry

Larry,

I have *some* knowledge about it, but nothing extensive. The coach was owned by Lee Bornstein who is an active POG member. He traded for a new slide coach. Evidently the bus was then purchased, and brought to Steve's for re-sale by a guy who buys and sells these buses quickly.

So, Lee and Barabara were the last "real" owners if you will. They lived in the bus full-time, and maintain a slot out at the ORA in Las Vegas. I know they traveled the country extensively doing dog shows, so the bus has been driven regularly (which is a good thing).

Last January (2007) Lee posted that he was adding tile in the bus. http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...read.php?t=822

I was recently searching for a bus to replace mine which had been totaled by fire damage. Since Steve Bennett is very close to me, I was looking a couple of coaches at his shop. I did look at Lee's coach, and thought it really looked nice. The tile work was really done well, and I like it much better than the normal mirror work that is in many coaches.

I think the coach looks great. For a first coach, I think it would be a great coach. I also cannot recommend Steve highly enough. He knows these units, and his support is wornderful.

I don't think you could do wrong with a 97 Liberty.

So, that's about what I know. Perhaps superficial, but knowing Lee and Steve, I feel much more confident than I would on an unknown bus.

If you're coming in this weekend, I would love to meet you. Perhaps I can stop by Steve's when you're in town?

Ray

dalej Guest

Larry, In case you didn't know MangoMike on this site has a 97 Liberty for sale. He kept good care of it, he just got H3 fever the way it sounded.

Ray, thanks for the info on the Bus. I would be happy to have you come by Steve's for a meeting, Look forward to meeting you.

Larry

Dale, yes I did notice that Mike has a '97 Liberty for sale. He is on the east coast some where I think. Ca. Coach is still a jaunt from me but relatively easy to get to. [I hate riding in the back of airplanes]
    If things don't work out then maybe I'll contact Mike.

Larry

Hey Larry, Take the extra time and go check your options. I think half the fun is seeing all thats out there. I know for myself it took a few differant trips. My advice is find the one you think that you can't do without and then go home and weigh out all your options. I know I almost bought the wrong bus because I was so darn excited because my wife said sure honey go ahead. Anyway have fun in your search.

Sid, good advise. I have been looking for over a year and came very close to buying twice. One didn't pass a Marathon pre-purchase inspection, a basket case as it turns out and the other is just to odd to describe.

I have narrowed my search and hope to close in on "The Right Bus" soon.
    But as it turns out, I have to put this all on hold for a couple of months and deal with some pressing personal things--giving me more time to monitor this forum.

Larry

Just to put your mind at ease that vintage of Liberty Classic is extremely reliable and simple to maintain.

It has a lot of features and systems, and it does need routine preventive maintenance, but the systems are very robust and reliable and I can tell you from experience with my somewhat more complex 97 Elegant Lady that unless you let minor issues escalate you will have a high degree of reliability, and ease of repairs when things do need attention.