Thread: Royale Question

dreamchasers Guest

Default Royale Question

My neighbor is a new owner of a 1997 Royale (I have not seen the coach yet?) and asked me if I know how to turn on the coach air (OTR). He states he has a large carrier ac compressor system run off the engine, but does not know how to turn the system on. His coach has 3 roof airs also (FYI).

He runs the dash air OK with the Prevost controls on the dash.

On his roof ac's, he has a multi zone Dometic controller. He also states that he can only turn on one of the three units. Is there any magic that one needs to know to select the different zones?

I am going meet him Wednesday to help figure out these controls, I hope. Any Royale owners input would surely be appreciated.

Hector

On my 97 Liberty I have a three position switch. The center, or neutral position is off. Pressing the bottom of the switch turns on the AC, and pressing the top of the switch turns on the bus heat.

I have a rotary knob to select the temperature for the bus AC (and a separate one for the driver's AC. I have a knob to select coach AC and heat fan speed.

I also have a knob to select driver's air or heat fan speed.

I doubt if Royale changed that set of controls.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Answer on Royal A/C

I have a 97 Royal with the same controller. To change zones, you push the top two buttons simutaneosley. Also, each zone has a thermastat for the "Auto" setting but I have not found it to be accurate. You'll have to play with to figure out that 88 degrees is really 74 degrees for example and each zone's thermstat has it's own incorrect calibration. So figuring out Zone 1 doesn't do you any good for zone 3.

My bus doesn't have OTR air, so can't help you there.

As an aside, I'd like to install a permanent dehumidifiyer in my bus with a drain since I'm in humid Florida particuarly to reduce mildew in the summer but also to help the bus cool with the air running when we're using it. I don't belive there is anything as compact as I would wish I could find but maybe someone knows. I'll put this as it's own thread if nothing much shows up here.