Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spearfish or Bust

[QUOTE:Yours truly is in BF Kentucky, making sure I'm ahead of the Red Necks from TN. I'm in a Campground, but the TN crowd will be at Walmart.
    [/QUOTE]

I don't know where the other TN rednecks are, but we are taking the most direct route, I'm sure. We have been through TN, AR, TX, OK, TX, where we had blast in Kerrville at the very fat beagle bash, then to Ft Stockton, where we made a right turn. Since then, we have been through NM, CO, 4 corners, UT, AZ, where we saw the amazing Grand Canyon, CA, NV, OR, ID, OR, WA, ID, MT, where we are happily spending 2 nights in Missoula at Jim and Mary's campground (which we highly recommend). Will depart in the morning for Spearfish, via more of MT, ND, SD, WY, then SD. Great trip so far. As we started down the biggest mountain ever, Jay reminded us that when Jon left us all the wheels were still off our bus and that we had been the ones who had done all the work on the brake chambers and airbags by ourselves. Thankfully, we learned from the master and all functioned properly so far. But, that definitely added some anxiety to our first big mountain driving experences. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days. Safe travels to all. Deb, Eric, Jay, and Radar.

Default Spearfish or bust

Ok WEiner boys, there was no room in the inn in Chyenne, so we are hold up in Casper. Filled at the flying J = ready to roll on up the hill to Yellowstone in the AM. This night driving ain't for me except we went from Eastern Time to Mountain Time and gained two hours. I had the hammer down and got in here before the ghost came out.

Casper, that is the ghost town name thing right?

Plan to be in West Yellowstone Montana for supper Tue nite.

Heard from Harry and Shirley= They are leaving Reno in the am with Darl and Martha.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Roger,

Are you staying at Grizzly Rv Park in West Yellowstone? Nice place.

From Caspar, its best to head on the two lane (26) to Shoshoni, and then turn north to Thermopolis, and then to Cody and west towards the East Gate of Yellowstone.
    Your GPS may want to to head north from the Fishing Bridge, to Canyon Village and to WEst Yell by way of Norris and Madison jct.
    Take it from us, once you pass over the Fishing Bridge and get to the intersection, go south towards West thumb and onto Old Faithful, its quicker to get to Madison jct and West Yell.

If your coming to Spearfish./ I would recommend heading north out of West Y on Rt 191 towards Bozeman. ( 90 miles) At the FourCorners, there in the Gallatin valley turn east on Huffine Lane which is actually West Main st thru Downtown Bozeman and on the east side of downtown is I-90.

It will take you ever so long to drive back thru the park to get on the roads to Spearfish. what ever you do have fun and safe travels.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Sid,

When you have time and are in front of your computer, give me a call and I'll walk you through it.

949-463-0707

Gary! All I can say is "Amen to that!" Have a great trip. Travel safely everyone!

Ray

Default Wow, sure is quiet out here!

Imagine, send at least 1/2 the POG forum heading out to a rally, and boy is this forum quiet. I can here the S60's running towards Spearfish, all the way back here in CA!

OK, maybe not. But it sure is quiet!

Ray

Default Anxious Poggers Get Kicked Out of Wal Mart

Ken and Janet Zittrer and Brian Esler are here!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like you've got yourselves a "RALLY". Alright. Looks like a nice place. Paved roads, concrete pads. Blue sky!!!

Nice!

Kinda makes you want to get the bus out and wash it. Keep sending pictures. Can't wait to go to the next one.

Thanks Ray for helping me with my signature picture!!

dalej Guest

Nice photo Sid, be sure and change it often so we can see other views of your wifes bus.

Ken, I see...you hold up the end of the brush and look busy, while Janet wipes it dry.
    Last edited by dalej; 09-09-2008 at 08:44 PM.

Dale this is the side she cleaned!! Will keep ya posted. Have a great time at the rally. The pictures on this page are great for those of us that couldn't make it Dale how far are you from Shelby,NE? I have a nephew out there in the dairy business. I try to get up there every 2 years for a member-guest golf tourment. Be safe.