Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Info Please

Default Liberty Info Please

Hi, in the '95' to '99 years what is the difference between a 'Classic Lady' and an 'Elegant Lady' Liberty?

Thanks for the info in advance.

LarryB

Depending on the exact year there were differences that might not exist in other years. However, the one of the consistent differences is that the elegant lady is 24 volt computer driven coach while the classic is a 12 volt coach without being driven by a computer. There is always a difference is trim level inside the coach. In 1997 the elegant lady had 4 cruise air units while the classic had three. However, in 1999 both had 4. What I have noticed is that some items standard on the elegant lady become standard on the classic a few years later. However the 24 vs 12 volt difference is present throughout those years.

I hope this helps.

Larry,

Kim is right about the 12v vs. 24v systems.

However, the 1997 classic that I have FOR SALE, sports 4 cruise airs.

Jon, may pipe in here as his '97 is an Elegant Lady.

Mike

I think there may be a number of differences, but the line gets blurred because features on the Elegant are found on Classics as options.

Kim is correct about the 24 volt system. But in addition the trim level is slightly different and there are some features that have some value. For example, an Elegant Lady has a fully enclosed generator, and the Classic eliminates the door, using instead the bay door. adjacent plumbing on the Elegant Lady is polished copper which apart from bragging rights makes tank fill and dumping very easy because everything is accessible and is right there.

The Elegant Lady has 4 8D batteries, the Classic has 3. That makes a difference as to how long you can dry camp before you need to recharge. That 33% increase in capacity is important.

An Elegant Lady uses the single 270 amp 24 volt alternator. It has a charger to supplement it for maintaining a charge on the chassis batteries. The Classic uses an auxiliary 12 volt 145 amp alternator.

Then there are things that may cross over, but which are "goodies" on the Elegant Lady, and probably options on the Classic. We have multiple switch locations so we can lock and unlock bays and doors from numerous locations. Ditto with lighting. We can start and stop the generator from at least three in-house positions. We have a TV monitor for the front door located at the bed. Air pocket doors, tank level monitors in multiple locations, 4 Cruise Airs, lighting in all cabinets (very important), gray water by pass, macerator, elaborate lighting, and Vitricor.

I am sure some or all may be available on the Classic, but an Elegant Lady has a lot of bling, and a lot of really useable features that are easy to poke fun at until you get to use them. As the two coaches age I don't think the marketplace values them much different.

jelmore Guest

We have a classic (also for sale for probably too much), but I've seen an Elegant Lady water and generator bay and it is stunning. I presumed the rest of the coach to also be a similar step above. Hard to imagine that I would think of our classic as ordinary.

Petervs Guest

Well if an Elegant lady is a step up from a Classic lady, then if you took another step up from an Elegant Lady you would have a Marathon!

Default Them's fighting words...

Quote Originally Posted by Petervs View Post
    Well if an Elegant lady is a step up from a Classic lady, then if you took another step up from an Elegant Lady you would have a Marathon!
    But I agree.

What are some of the superior characteristics of the Marathon?

JIM

Jim C., I agree with Peter and Adam about the Marathon. You would just have to own a Marathon to experience the differences.

On the other hand, if I were going to move up from a Liberty to a Marathon, I would go all the way and get a Country Coach. Same Prevost frame, nicest paint schemes on the market, simplistic yet elegant decor.

One of the managers (Paul from the main CC office) called me the other day to ensure I received a small part I had ordered and that my problem had been taken care of to my satisfaction by CC. In addition to all the other positives of CC ownership, I get to be in the same camp with the likes of Roger, Jim K., Denny, DaleJ, and Truk (just to name a few). What can be better than that???!!!
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

The only people that think you step up from a Liberty Elegant Lady into something else obviously have never owned a Liberty Elegant Lady.

If there is something to step up into it hasn't been built yet.

I know the King to be an honest person. I will let him render an opinion.

As to the shells being the same.......perhaps you folks can bring what you are spreading to put on my garden. Do any of you have OTR? Long range fuel? I didn't think so.