Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tranny Trouble

Joe,
    Please excuse my stupidity but I'm really new at all this. How do you check the air pressure in all three tanks? I'm not sure what you're talking about with the tanks but I do know I waited enough time for the high idle to be able to kick in and it didn't.
    It sure sounds as if we need to attend a POG rally, doesn't it? If we can ever get this thing moving again, we'll have to do that asap. We're having a few other issues also but will deal with them when we get this resolved. Thanks again.

Bonnie

P.S. Where else could the relay for the slides be if it isn't in that front compartment on the driver's side?

Hello Bonnie. Your slides have seperate controls and relays probably in the third cargo bay port side. However, that is not your problem. Joe's mention of your air tanks is in reference to your beeping from the dash. The beeping indicates low air in you front , Aft, and aux. air tank (the guages are on your dash board for these three). You need to be above 80 lbs at least prior to the alarm shutting off. Normally 120lbs isyour operating level. Your high idle may not have turned on if your emergency brake has been released, although it would normally be set with low air pressure.
    Finally, it sounds like you do have a interlok issue.
    Make sure the trasmission is in nuetral and the parking brake is set prior to starting the engine. There is a test switch on the dash to test all of your dash light symbols, verify they are working prior to starting as well by turning your key to position one and then switching the test switch for dash lights.
    If your slides are like mine, by turning your ignition switch to position one, without turning your engine on, you should be able to slide your slides in or out unless you are extremely out of level. My slide switches will blink if the slides are not in all the way.
    Try all of these things first to see if this will free up your transmission.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks, Gary. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know what happens. I appreciate all the suggestions.

Bonnie

Gary,

Keep in mind you have Prevost slides. A Vantare may not have Prevost slides. If that is the case the trouble shooting process may be completely different.

I'll keep that in mind but will try anything at this point. Of course, if this doesn't work, we'll call Featherlite and/or Prevost when Donald gets home late this afternoon. Thanks for your help.

Bonnie

donniev Guest

Bonnie, Donnie V Here From Florida Luxury Coach Here. Call Donnie Meyers And See If He Can Help You. There Is Nobody Better At Vantares. Donnie Meyer Rv Service- Phone # 386-473-9078

Donnie V

We're back in the garage. Donald called Prevost this morning and it was some kind of interlock problem. He ended up turning off both the main switches for a short time and when he turned them back on, it was OK. Then he had a little trouble with it later but when I got in and turned it on, it was OK. It went into reverse with no problem. I think our next trip should be somewhere to have these problems looked at. Is it better to go back to Featherlite or somewhere like Prevost in Jacksonville or the guy that Donnie V recommended in Sanford? Thanks for all your help and support.

Bonnie

Bonnie,

I believe that Featherlite H3's are not Prevost slides. Either should be able to work on the slides, but Featherlite would be my choice.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

We're thinking of going to Featherlite next week but waiting to see where Hurricane Ike is going. At first, it was projected to go up the East Coast but now looks as if it's coming into the Gulf.

Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by bonhall41 View Post
    We're thinking of going to Featherlite next week but waiting to see where Hurricane Ike is going. At first, it was projected to go up the East Coast but now looks as if it's coming into the Gulf.

Bonnie
    Boy that's all I need
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot