Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tranny Trouble

Default Tranny Trouble

We got back last night from a weekend outing (our 2nd since acquiring the bus much earlier this year) and parked it in the driveway. When Donald tried to move it this afternoon, the transmission would not shift. We're getting a code (d14526) that, if I'm reading the book properly, is "Open circuit, N solenoid circuit". In the "Inhibited Operation Description" it says "Low and 1st inhibited, retarder allowed". What does this mean and what can we do to get the bus moving again? By the way, it says the oil level is OK. We have a 2005 H3-45 that was converted by Featherlite. HELP, please! Thanks.

Bonnie

Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I looked through that and it doesn't seem to have much on trouble-shooting. I know what the code is but don't know what to do about it and how to get it going again. Has anyone had this happen to them and, if so, what did you do? Thanks.

Bonnie

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Do not take any of this as more than a guess. Are your slides all the way in? Run them out and in. Is there a way to clear out the codes like disconecting the yellow 10 guage hot off the chassis batteries. You will loose all the other codes but you could first check for any other codes before hand. Your at home so maybe a call to Prevo or allison tomorrow would not be too much of an inconvienience.

When you shut it down last time was it in neutral before you turned it off?
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 09-01-2008 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks, Joe. We'll try your suggestions. We'll give Prevost a call but I just thought it might be easy if someone else had had the same problem.

Bonnie

Donald, I had the same problem a couple months ago it was my rear slide had a bad relay switch. I called Prevost and they walk me through to get me going. Sorry I can't be of any more help but if the techs at Prevost can walk this dutchman through it you will have no problem!! This happen in Nashville and they got me in the next morning and was on my way in 1 hour

Thanks, Sid. We were thinking of going to Featherlite next week to have them check a couple things so we can probably add this to the list. I'll call Prevost tomorrow. Thanks for the pep talk.

Bonnie

Hello Bonnie,

I also have a Featherlite slide coach. If it is the slide lockout relay that is giving you the problem, there is an easy fix. there is a relay in the front run box. Just open the access door to the left of the driver. There are two rows of relays. One of the relays in the lower row is labeled slide. If you remove this relay, then the coach can be placed in gear even if the slide is not in all the way. Obviously that is not always a good idea. However, if the relay is the problem, then you will be able to move the coach without any problems. There has been another thread in this forum of a potential problem if the relay is in place. That is if the relay senses a slide has moved (even if it has not) when going down the road, it could cause the bus to make a sudden severe stop.

It's gone from bad to worse. Just went out to try some of your suggestions. As soon as I turned on the power switch, there was a high-pitched fast beeping sound coming from the dash but no lights to give me a clue. It stopped as soon as the coach started. When I hit the "fast idle" bunny, nothing happened. Then when I hit the slide out switch, nothing happened. So now it won't fast idle and the slides won't go out. It still won't shift into gear either. To make matters worse, we don't have a relay marked slides on either the bottom or top layer of relays. We couldn't find anything in the front compartment or on the fuse (breaker) box in the bay behind it either. Donald has to go out of town this afternoon to check on his brother so I guess we'll end up calling Prevost when he comes back. Any other suggestions, anyone? Thanks.

Bonnie

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

What is the air pressure in all 3 tanks overnight? Did you run it long enough to build up full air pressure before you gave upon the high idle.

Still could be one of those slides/relays.