Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane Gustav

Default Hurricane Gus

Both the Pecks and Saylors are in areas that were relatively unharmed, probaly a few trees and limbs. Dan
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Everything is o.k., I just spoke to my son-in-law who is a Colonel with the Air National Guard. He was able to drive into Houma and inspect our property. Everything is o.k.; no damage. I hope that the Saylors, Pecks, Smiths, and everyone else is good.

It will be approximately 4 weeks before we will have electricity and services restored in Houma. We are making the best of it though, eat drink and be merry. Ca c'est la bonne temp roule!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

That is WONDERFUL news! So glad to hear it!

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Smile

Roger--
    Thanks for inquiring about Donna and myself and the Pecks concerning Gustav. The Pecks were in Memphis for the storm. Donna and I were at home in Biloxi. We were supposed to get 25 to 35 MPH winds with gusts to 50. We got 50 to 60 MPH winds with gusts to 70+. It was interesting to see. The storm cleared all the dead limbs out of my trees, plus a few good limbs. Water rose about 8 or 9 feet and came about 60 feet into our back yard. A truck bedliner washed into my yard and I used it to load the broken limbs from the back yard and pulled it to the street with my tractor. We had to leave the morning after the storm to bring Donna to Jackson for another surgery on her leg--being done now. Hope to see you soon.

Ed Saylor

Ed,

Thinking of you guys and we hope Donna is well.

Tuga,

Good news. Now that there is no damage, the funds set aside for damage can buy that Liberty.

Ed: That is good news. I am sure there was some excitement in the midst of the storm that you could live without. Glad yall are safe and sound and the Pecks are on high ground.

We have thought of yall often and sure hope and pray that Donna's Surgery exceeds expectations.

Keep us posted, it is good to hear from you.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost