Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spearfish Attendees?

As newbies also, I wish we could attend the POG rally in Spearfish. In reading all the posts, I can't imagine what you people must be like in person! The bottom line is you've been very helpful in trying to solve our problems (and it seems that we have quite a few) so I'm sure we could learn a lot. When and where is the next one so we can get it on our calendar?

Bonnie

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

There will be numerous smaller gatherings in Florida in January.

I think Oklahoma is the next big one.

Bonnie,

I think we all have had times when it seemed we have a lot of problems.

Over the years I have learned the importance of knowing how to recognize when things are OK, and also of the importance of knowing when something is OK but is different. There are always going to be problems that show up with no warning whatsoever, but it seems that most of the time the bus sends up clues. The key is in learning when things are OK, and knowing when something is different that it is important to find out why.

A strange noise will get my undivided attention. Seeing a gauge read as little as half a needle width out of the ordinary forces me to find out why. As a result I learn the systems, and then in the future can assess if I have an impending problem or if it is something that can be ignored. It is important to develop at least a basic undertanding of the systems and how different systems may relate to one another.

When I was a newbie I did not have a clue. I not only did not know which end was up, I didn't know which end needed to be up. As a result I ignored things I should not have, or I failed to develop an understanding of things I needed to know. As a result of the experience you are going through I expect you and Don will learn about transmission codes, slide relays and interlocks, and how to by-pass troublesome issues. Then the next time something like this repeats itself, it will not be a problem but an inconvenience. And the time after that you will take it in stride and help other people who post with the same problem.

jasperjr Guest

Well said Jon. One can only learn so much from a manual and listening to others. There is no substitute for experience and only time can teach that.

How long does it take to properly learn how to use Acme Company products?

Thanks for the pep talk. It's pretty discouraging right now when the bus won't go into gear, the slides won't work, the salon TV has no audio, there's something amiss in the electrical system, etc. We've tried all your suggestions and will have to call Prevost or Myers RV tomorrow. I might have to order something from Acme to cheer us up.

Bonnie

Most ACME items can be ordered through this link:

POG ACME GAGS

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

What an instigater
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 09-04-2008 at 08:15 AM.

Default Food in Spearfish

I have added the meals to the agenda. We are using Sue and Kent Burnison of Rent-A-Chef in Spearfish. They have been very flexible and have come up with some nice meals for us. I only regret Jello won't be there to try the Buffalo Stew. We also added a microwave cooking class by Ida Marie per request of members.

The agenda is still open for folks who would like to contribute. We have left some open space as there will be long travels times and lots of scenery to get to.

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/spearfi...up_Prevost.htm

Sounds like this is shaping up to be one of the best POG rallies yet. My best to everyone there. We really wish we could have made this one, but we'll see you at the next one, for sure. Oklahoma (or wherever) in 2009!

Ray

Just stop in at Prevost Mira Loma to have a new door latch installed looks like a rally here in the parking lot!! I did notice a great looking Liberty Bus in the first bay with a POG sticker on the back. Didn't find the owner. I'am going to camp here for the nite and head back home tomarrow. I sure like the spot pick out for next year rally I will try to make it. Just a heads up.