Thread: Hello to ALL and Introduction

Hybrid View

Default Hello to ALL and Introduction

Hi All, I'm a 'newbie', just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I are coachless at present having sold our CC Motor home this spring. We plan to find a Bus in the near future, have been looking for some time, and get back on the road prior to winter setting in here Eastern Washington. We are retired and like to head South for the winter.

I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible from the forums and most of all, meeting you folks in person and taking part in the rallies.

Larry

Larry, Welcome to the group. One of the best ways to learn us and learn about Prevosts is by attending the rallies. You still have time to get in on the Spearfish rally 11-17 September. We look forward to meeting you.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Thumbs up Welcome Larry

By all means come to the rally in Spearfish, SD. There are nice cabins there fully furnished, with maid service. Fly into Rapid city, and rent a car, but 50 mi. to the rally.

Hope you can make it.
    JIM

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Welcome Aboard

Larry,

Welcome to POG. I was in your area last June and enjoyed it very much. If you get to NC please look us up.

Will

Hi Larry. I think you have a great opportunity to find a Prevost right now at a very reasonable price. The market is awash with coaches. Good luck and welcome.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Hi

Hi Larry, hope you find a good ride, and have some good fun along the way..

Default Thanks

Thanks to All for Welcoming us to the site. We would like to attend the upcoming rally but have a conflict in schedules. Perhaps by the next rally we will attend in a 'new to us' Bus.

LarryB

Welcome to the asylum.

As a prospective coach purchaser you have access to the collective wisdom and smart a$$ed remarks from the wizards on this forum. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and in turn be asked a lot of questions about how you will be using your coach and what your wants and needs are.

This is clearly a buyer's market, but that does not mean every coach is a bargain or is for you. Being from the left side of the country you may prefer a Marathon over a Liberty for example, but if you are going to be all over the US even the location of your converter will not matter.

Good luck, and try not to take what anybody says too seriously, unless you know they are on their meds.

Jon, I agree I live on the left side of the country BUT, I live on the right side of the state.

Marathon would be very handy and so would Country Coach but, I think I'm looking for the 'Best' bus for my $ so maybe I won't discount another converter because of close proximity to the factory. In the motor home world I have found that the factory is not always the best for service and there are some very good independent service centers around that seem to do great work and often have Techs that have worked at the factory at some point.

Maybe since there are more motor homes on the road than buses this isn't the case for the Prevost owner, I don't know.
    What has been your experience with service of Buses? Do you rely on the Factory or do you use other service centers.

LarryB