Thread: Country Coach control board Needed ....

Hybrid View

Default Country Coach control board Needed ....

I dropped my coach off at Prevost Mira Loma last week to have air conditioning checked before I head out on a couple of different trips. At that time I was there I asked that they also check the jake brake.

They found a control board issue which prevents the OTR air from working when the key is turned on. While checking back in the engine area for the jake, they noticed some sparking of wires, and brake lines that were almost worn through from these wires (why this wasn't caught on an inspection last January is another mystery).

Anyway, I've been out of town, getting partial reports from the service people, and today I learn that the main control board, the one which controls jake brake, cruise control transmission etc, may be in needed of repair/replacement, however CC doesn't have any of these boards. It's probably going to be remove my board, and send it back for repair. In the meantime, I'm scheduled out this Saturday for 1 week, back one week, and then gone for 8. Not much time in there to pull out a control board, and not have a moving bus.

On to my question. Does anyone have a spare Country Coach control board, the one which controls jake etc? This is a 93 Vintage CC. I'd be happy to purchase one, purchase now-replace later, whatever might work. I'm just concerned that weeks of planning that cannot be easily changed might be in jeapardy.

Unfortunately, I don't know the number of the board but will tomorrow when I go out to Prevost in the morning.

I hope someone here may be able to help out.

Thanks in advance,
    Ray

Sorry, this probably should have been in the Want/Need Parts forum. Moderator, please move as you see fit.

ray

Ray,

Are you sure the board you need is a CC part?

The things you described are typically Prevost systems, assuming the OTR air is the Prevost system and not a CC installed system.

Also, I may be wrong so verify this, but the OTR air and the Jake are two distinct systems that have no common point such as a control board that I am aware of regardless of whether the AC is Prevost or CC.

This is a comment to all: Nobody will do an underside coach inspection as good as necessary because they don't own the coach and they and their families do not ride in the coach. Anytime you get an opportunity to look under your coach, whether you intend to work on it or not, look, feel and listen. Look for wet spots or leaks, listen for air, look for things rubbing or pinched or loose, and feel around for all of the above if you cannot see in a given area.

If you are able to inspect your undercoach side and a mechanic is available do not hesitate to ask questions.

Ray....at POGII we will cover your entire brake system and you will totally understand it. We have an "operating" brake set up.

Ray,

I believe Bill & Jody have about the same vintage CC as yours, maybe Bill can shed some light on what your up against. They haven't posted in awhile, but hopefully they still have internet access. If you can get the part number, try to google the information and you might get lucky. If you can get Doug Rutherford on the phone at CC and explain your situation, he is usually real good about going the extra mile to help out and maybe can point you to the original control board vendor. It does sound more like a Prevost setup than CC.

Ray, I believe we have the same year CC (93). I have two spare cards, but been awhile since i've looked at them. I'll do so today and let you know if I can loan you one until yours is repaired. I'm not sure which cards I have spares of.

It will depend on whats wrong with the card as the need to replace or send it back to the factory. If its just a component failure and its obvious (black item with burnt smell or bad relay) you may be able to locate a local technician to repair it for you. If the circuit card is burnt or heavily damaged, a different story. Its possible to build new cards, but costly without a good template to work from.

Again, I'll check on what I have available.

Yes, this is a Country Coach item. State of the art in 93 and used up till 2002, I believe.

Buddy Gregg in Lakeland (when he was in Lakeland) had a technician working for him that worked on the design team at CC during those years and was very familiar with the cards. In fact his iniatials are on some of the schematics as the "artist"/designer. Cant think of his name, but he may have moved to Knoxville Tn. and still be with Buddy. I'll see what i can find on him.

Mike

Ray / Mike,

And these are CC boards? I was thinking like Jon that they sounded like Prevost parts as I can't see CC building anything that would interfere / interface with a coach system or function.

However, if they are Prevost parts and the board is common to them, you can use mine if you can get yours fixed before mid July when I need to use my coach.