Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Mo' Time

Jim,
    We have a son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter who live in Hickory. Donald's family has been in the motorcycle business for many years so the guys all have them and love riding in the mountains. My son rides a lot up there--both street and dirt.

Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by JIM KELLER View Post
    Ken, Consider a 2/B93 Gates HD Power Band Belt. It is a one piece belt similar to your Detroit Diesel serpentine belt. The actual Gates part # is 90932093. To upgrade the three A74 belts to a one piece belt use a Gates- 3/A74 Power Band Belt, part # 90923074.

It took me a long time to figure out and find this information now being shared with my POG buddies. Just another benifit of POG membership !
    Hi Ken,

Are you saying it is possible to move from a 3 belt system to a one belt without making a change in the pulley itself?

If so then we all should move to this.Prevost said they could not make the change without modification to the pulley assembly based on the grooving of the pulleys.

Bruce,

The info passed along was from Jim Keller. I think he is right on target with the suggestion of replacing three belts with one power band belt. I am going to check it out when I get home from Spearfish.

I stopped in at NAPA today in Billings, MT and picked up four B93 belts for the rest of our trip. If I don't use them I can return them to any NAPA store for credit towards the 2/B93 and 3/A74 Jim mentioned.

Be well.

Makin' our way towards Spearfish,

Ken