Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aux air system

lewpopp Guest

Default Aux air system

I have discussed before my problems with my aux compressor cycling every 5 minutes or so due the loss of air either for the floor slide or the toilet. I cannot hear a leak nor can I see one. Impossible for me to get underneath.

This has gone on for over 3-4 days and we have to turn the compressor on everytime we want to use the John. So yesterday I went out and decided to install the new compressor to see if it would make a difference, hoping there was a check valve in the compressor leaking back thru. As soon as I had the comp in my hand the time span for recycling stopped and the pressure stayed up and somewhere there is a check valve in the system or a leak that needs to be attended to. I am confounded. I can only fix what I can reach and that could still be a problem. I have tapped on anything that might be a check valve and this corrected itself days after I tried that. This also happened about a month prior when I started the bus for its monthly warmup. There must be correlating reason why it happened each time.

I know I have a leak in the back and will have to get that taken care of when I pull the bus out to head south.

I was looking for my alternator in the back and it must be hidden. Where is it?

My problem with the generator not starting could be the small 20A breaker in the generator control box in the second storage area. I guy checked it and no power was going thru. I have a call into Martin Diesel in Ohio and am awaiting his return call. I hope that is it. All of my buttons are deader than a doornail.
    Last edited by lewpopp; 08-25-2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: addition

On your 8V92 the alternator is likely bolted directly to the rear of the engine, above the bell housing and is gear driven.

Default Jun-Air Aux Compressor

Does anyone have a Jun-Air Aux Air Compressor?

If so, from what I understand the ONLY oil allowed to be used in it comes directly from Jun-Air? At $65 a bottle it seems very expensive.

Anyone know for sure of a compatible oil for this Aux compressor? I already have one bottle headed my way, but would like to know of other sources for this lube... thanks in advance

Gary S.

Lew,

Before I try to help, does your compressor have it's own air tank or does it hook directly to the aux tank?

Default Jun Aire

My Jun Aire burned up from over use. It ran so quite that I never noticed it was running almost constantly due to an air leak.

I ordered a SUPER SILENT 50-TC from:
    http://www.dixieart.com/SilentaireIllustration.html

to replace it. At the bottom of the page listed above they sell the oil for this compressor for $21.50. It may be the same thing that Jun Aire uses. It might be worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by ajducote View Post
    My Jun Aire burned up from over use. It ran so quite that I never noticed it was running almost constantly due to an air leak.
    I ordered a SUPER SILENT 50-TC from: http://www.dixieart.com/SilentaireIllustration.html to replace it. At the bottom of the page listed above they sell the oil for this compressor for $21.50. It may be the same thing that Jun Aire uses. It might be worth checking out.
    Thanks Andre for your response. I will try and find out if their oil is compatible with Jun-Aire products.

Gary S.

Lew,

I should have chimed in sooner. Installing a new compressor will be a waste of time or money unless you know for sure there is a defect with the old compressor causing it to leak air in the system.

You have a leak. It can be at a check valve at the compressor, or it can be anywhere else in your coach, including the solenoid valves for your leveling system or any other fitting or component or device including such things as your seat. Some one needs to search for and find the leak. There is no simple solution. If your only need for compressed air when you are parked is the toilet, you can apply a band aid in the form of a small compressor dedicated exclusively to the toilet and completely isolated from the rest of the aux air system.

I have spent hours chasing leaks so I do not want you or anyone to think finding them is easy.

Default Aux. Air Leak

One possible leak source, and the one I had fixed a two weeks ago at Liberty (except that it was rather loud and could be heard over the engine) was through a solenoid bleed port supposed to be blocked by a small ball (BB sized or slight smaller), which was missing, which powered the air cylinder for the rear view camera door. It was bad enough to cause problems with the airbags for normal ride height (it took a long time for even the engine air compressor to level the coach), the level low system, and the air slide.

When the engine was stopped, the aux pressure gauge needle fell to zero in very short order (seconds).

I heard and isolated this one easily, but it might just as well been up at the actuating mechanism and (perhaps) relatively inaudible.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Lets see.

It was " the air cylinder for the rear view camera door"

Good grief, I think when it takes that long to describe such a part things are getting out of control.

What will they think of next.

Ken, please, no offence.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 08-26-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Joe I wonder that same thing myself. Jan says we need air powered opening windows in the next coach. We like to open the windows and it takes a 1000 pound gorilla to get it done. You have no idea how much a beast that size eats. Well, if you have ever gone out to eat with JDUB you do, so there you have it.