Thread: Aux air system

Threaded View

lewpopp Guest

Default Aux air system

I have discussed before my problems with my aux compressor cycling every 5 minutes or so due the loss of air either for the floor slide or the toilet. I cannot hear a leak nor can I see one. Impossible for me to get underneath.

This has gone on for over 3-4 days and we have to turn the compressor on everytime we want to use the John. So yesterday I went out and decided to install the new compressor to see if it would make a difference, hoping there was a check valve in the compressor leaking back thru. As soon as I had the comp in my hand the time span for recycling stopped and the pressure stayed up and somewhere there is a check valve in the system or a leak that needs to be attended to. I am confounded. I can only fix what I can reach and that could still be a problem. I have tapped on anything that might be a check valve and this corrected itself days after I tried that. This also happened about a month prior when I started the bus for its monthly warmup. There must be correlating reason why it happened each time.

I know I have a leak in the back and will have to get that taken care of when I pull the bus out to head south.

I was looking for my alternator in the back and it must be hidden. Where is it?

My problem with the generator not starting could be the small 20A breaker in the generator control box in the second storage area. I guy checked it and no power was going thru. I have a call into Martin Diesel in Ohio and am awaiting his return call. I hope that is it. All of my buttons are deader than a doornail.
    Last edited by lewpopp; 08-25-2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: addition