Thread: Interesting start. A/C anybody?

Hybrid View

A friend of mine just bought a rebuilt cruise air for $1200 plus freight,his coach is a 1997.

I think the refrigerants are R12 or R134 in the bus engine driven AC systems depending on model year. Some R12 systems on older coaches have been switched to R134A.

To the best of my knowledge Cruise Airs (but not roof airs) are R22.

I do not know what roof airs use. I would guess they use 134 but that is strictly a guess.

Replacement Cruise Air condensing units are available from the manufacturer. They have rebuilt or remanufactured units available The last price I paid was about 4 years ago and it was around $700 apiece. Simple replacement. Two refrigerant lines, the electric connection and the screws holding it in place. It comes pre-charged, but it will require some adjustment to the charge because the varying length of the tubing run affects the amount required.

I was actually looking for a rebuilt driver's air compressor, not curiseair. Though, if I wanted a rebuilt cruiseair I would just call Johnny at AAP as that IS what he does. And he is a great guy. So by all means, call him about any and all cruiseair questions. 804-633-9454 Just ask for Johnny and tell him the fiddle player told you to call:-) Actually, I told him he's a legend on this forum.

~Adam

Those prices on CruiseAirs sound more reasonable. I guess the $7,000 cost was a typo. It did seem a little over the top. That is why I asked, thanks for answering.

This brings up an interesting point; proof reading before hitting the "submit reply" button.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot