So, here's my question:

Is the best part to buy a new driver's A/C Compressor, pulley/clutch assembly, and filter dryer from Prevost directly? Or is there an aftermarket or rebuild option?

Here's what happened. Decided to start our tour off by gong to Richmond, VA to see Johnny at AAP about our cruiseair units. He is, as many of you know, totally awesome. GREAT guy in every way I could tell. Fixed me right up. (Two of the units had too much R-122 in them. Two of the units had bad capicitors... which may have come from low voltage from my generator... which was fixed recently with a new new voltage regulator.) OK, back to my story.

10 miles from home, Dash A/C (Driver's AC) is running. I get an overheating warning. (thought I might have seen some sparks come out of the back of the bus as well.) Then the Pro Driver tells me my coolant is at 219 degrees. Then a red light comes on and says STOP NOW. I said, jeez, I'm looking for a place to pull over but I don't want to get run down. Finally, I limped off the road and found a safe spot. Go back to take a look at the engine and the 3 belts from the DD to the gear box are ... well, gone. Actually only one is gone. The other two are snapped and lying right there. Radiator belt and A-35 belt to the driver's A/C all fine. (Mind you, I turned off the driver's air once I got the overheat notice.)

So, I blead the air, put the three replacement belts I had on hand (Thanks POG!!) fired it back up and all was great. Radiator fan spun like a champ. Drove on down the road feeling like I had the all mighty looking over me and my family. (Didn't use driver's AC the rest of the night cuz it was cooled down.)

Met Johnny the next morning at 8AM, he set us up. On the road by 10:30, it was HOT. Flipped on the driver's AC and the other AC's I have (similar to over the road AC but smaller) and only the two back ones were working. Driver's AC wasn't working. Why? Well now there was no A-35 belt from the gear box to the AC. Verdict? The three new, strong drive belts to the gear box didn't have to break this time cuz the A-35 belt to the AC compressor was tired and weak from the night before. It snapped. Bus drove fine. Took us a while to figure out if it was the AC or the radiator fan clutch that was locking up. Did some tests with a buddy in Richmond, VA. Ran bus without AC belt on, was fine. Put AC belt on, and once that clutch kicked in, the locked up.

Called Dave Langlois, my area rep for Prevost and he said I should get a new compressor, new a/c pully/clutch, and a new filter dryer, since the system is getting disassembled anyway. Found a great guy in Charleston, WV, near our next show, to put it on. He wants a violin lesson while we are there. He'll pull the R122, vacuum test the system, install the new items, and fill 'er back up with R122.

Any flaws with this plan? You guys have saved me so much time, money, and agony already. So I dare not make a move without your collective blessing.

Thanks,

Adam