Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bag of Crap!

dalej Guest

Default Bag of Crap!

Hey guys, does anyone care to guess where this bag of crap came from? Hint, I did get it off the bus and theres more!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

That's insulation off the bottom. What are you doing down there.

I spent all day getting a refresher course on my Polish. Guess where we were.

dalej Guest

I'm going with Florida...you are at Marathon in Florida...final answer!

I am curious as to why the insulation needed to be removed. It could be from a side wall or ceiling as well as beneath the coach. If it was from under the coach I would expect to see more of the black sealant.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

You may have nailed it Jon. I too have seen it there and I think I remember Dale mention that he wanted to redo his ceiling. Could be making a chase to run some wiring.

dalej Guest

Joe, how come you didn't tell me where you guys are!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

How come you didn't tell where the insulation was from and what you are doing

dalej Guest

So here's the deal.

I was always tired to looking at the wheel wells since they were sprayed with a polystyrene type insulation. They would chip away and leave the yellow showing below the dark finish. I would get some black paint, usually before a rally and paint the wheel wells so it look nice.

When I changed out the air bags last year, I noticed that they sprayed the air lines too, didn't like that.

So I'm trying the front right wheel as a test to see how cleaning the old insulation away and replacing with two mud flaps. It will work to insulate this area from rock noise and road noise.

I will let you guys know after the trip to SD, since that will give me some road time to see if there is more noise. I hope not, since it looks much better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wish there was a way you could have measured noise levels before and after, Dale.

I suspect it is going to be louder. My Corvette is very loud at highway speeds compared to other vehicles. You do not realize how different road surfaces make noise until you can hear them, and once you start to hear the road noise you automatically notice it all the time.