Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: lousy service at prevost mira loma

Another good question for Bill Jenson at OKC, Tom.

JIM

OK, I am going by memory so don't shot the messenger boy! Both the rear end and tag axle on my bus have drag links that bolt to the chassis. You can put shims between the chassis and the drag link mount to change the location. you could have the tag or drive or both not going straight. This is very common an trucks and big trailers.

Kevin,

We ain't putting any heat on you. It's a great point to consider when we are under the buses. When I had my (only) alignment done the shop checked the steers relative to the rear axles, but only the steer axle got adjusted. I think if a bus leaves the factory with the rear axles running true relative to the chassis centerline it would take some serious physical damage to knock the axles out of alignment. I would envision wearing slop in the bushings long before I would consider any of the physical connection points needing adjustment.

Jon,On my 2001 Marathon it had a resonance in it at certain speeds near the drive and tag,when I had Nashville align it the technician said that the alignment had only been done at the time of manufacturing because he could identify the shims that the factory uses.He also stated that they had received shells that were so poorly aligned that the tires had to be replaced when they got to Nashville.When all of my axles were aligned it was obvious that it had needed it,I no longer chased the wheel and the rumble was gone.The tag and the drive were fighting each other.Jdub now has the alignment data sheet before and after Nashville aligned it,maybe he can pull it out and tell us the rest of the story.

Good to know Jack. If I understand the point correctly you are saying for alignment purposes we need to do a whole coach alignment.

Default All 3 Axlels

Jon, both Loc and I had 3 axle alignments done here in Houston, @ Fischers diesel.

Loc's XLII bus was way out of alignment ( must be his high speed maneuvering into parking spaces ) according to the paperwork he got of before and after the alignment. Mine was probably waisted money, sorry to say, cause even the girl in the shop said, they didn't do much, just a little alignment issue. But it is all 3 axles that get aligned.

Gary S.

I do think that if we are going to do an alignment all axles should be included.The real benefit I got from the alignment was 1 MPG increase in fuel mileage,I know that this is hard to believe but the coach always got better fuel mileage after the alignment,as well as the rumble in the center of the coach was gone.

Gary, How much is a three axle alignment ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by JIM KELLER View Post
    Gary, How much is a three axle alignment ?
    Jim, it is based on actual work, parts needed, but the Cost is from $450 -$900 for Josam Laser alignment on all axels, and IFS Camber Adjustment. I paid around $450, but I am sure Loc paid closer to $900, cause he always has to pay more for most repairs,,,, and doesn't seem to mind it either.

http://www.fischersdieselservice.com/services.html

Gary S.

Hi all , Ihave just taken delivery of a new H345 S/2 Liberty Elegant Lady. We have been in Prevost's since 1989 and never had an alignment done , do you think it is necessary if there are no obvious symptoms ?