Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lousy service at prevost mira loma

Jon,

When we picked up our Liberty, it had a small fuel leak in the generator bay and the repair was to install a new fuel pump on the generator. You're right on about the labor.... didn't take 10 minutes and Marathon Coach had the pump in stock.

FYI same Kohler generator and Yanmar engine. Don't know the cost of the pump but I'll bet you can get one easily enough.

Default 2nd Hand Horror Story

Last week I had time to visit with a some Non POG Bus Owners. One particular fellow from Dallas wanted to vent and told me that he visited Buddy Greggs Place in Texas to have a few repairs done and had ask in advance how much do you think it will run? Now keep in mind he claimed he had an extended warranty till 100k miles. At the time he had about 40k miles. They gave him an estimate of between 5 and 6 grand. This was not the normal maintenance issues but included a detail of the interior, some new carpet in the front and new upholstery on the couch. When he picked it up he thought maybe with the few add ons he would expect to pay $10,000 max - no more. The final bill was $37000.00. That ain't no typo. He asked why so much, did you file the warranty claim, their answer - no we forgot and now the claim is denied so it is your coach, your bill.

He said no. I will pay and did pay 20,000 and will never go back.

Of course there are two sides to every story and I only got his so take it for what its worth.

Bus Customer BEWARE.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Jeepster,

Some Generator Fuel Pump Info over at Prevoman.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Gen%20...ump/page1.html

Picture 18.jpg

mm

Default Expert on HMO in our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    Like an HMO to take care of the health of our bodies, we could use a PMO (Prevost Maintenance Organization) to take care of our buses.

Any possibility of a co-op type of organization where "members" pay annual or monthly fees to participate in the program?

Could we benefit by the power of collective purchases and technicians that were skilled and could be trusted? Are we a large enough group to accomplish such an endeavor or do we have such an attrition rate that it wouldn't be beneficial?

Just kicking around some ideas....
    Jerry Winchester should have some input on this idea. Boots and Coots has a program like this for their clients. I am guessing most of their clients are stationary which is a little different from most Prevost owners. If I recall this was a good profit center for B&C in the last fiscal year and the program has been expanding so obviously it works. If something like that could be adapted to a Prevost is another thing. Some great POG members might be interested in such a venture. Jon has some great ideas and Joe C. has a lot to offer. Maybe they will dream up something to make life better for the rest of us and while becoming the 'T. Boone Pickens' of the Prevost world.

Default Jon

Jon, it is a 20KW Power Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Warren,

What brand generator?

I had to replace the fuel pump on my Kohler which uses a Yanmar engine. It took about 10 minutes (I'm not kidding).

The fuel pump was pricey, but the time to install it was minimal.

I cannot imagine a fuel pump leaking. Usually it is a fitting or one of the "banjo" fittings.

Default Tnx

Thanks for the suggestions boys!

Mine ran all day no prob, just drips a bit... Its on the short list, but I hope to find it cheaper than 300 whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Jeepster,

Some Generator Fuel Pump Info over at Prevoman.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Gen%20...ump/page1.html

Picture 18.jpg

mm

You always pray the bill won't be sky high when you have no choice but to take your coach in to Prevost. On the other hand, when you have time, you have choices, so look around and talk to a few different shops and call your converter before accepting a price for repair.
    Also, with knowledge comes bargaining power, so never ask a question when you don't know the answer when getting prices from Prevost. It's a good idea to know how long it shoulld take to replace a pump or fix a norgren valve.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Gen Fuel Pump Leak

Warren,
    I had the same leak, Mine is a SW fuel pump that was used in the 70's and 80's on a lot of cars, and hot rods. Good old JC Whitney stuff. I Googled the pump every way I could think of and found a foreign car parts store in Santa Barbara that had the pump. $64.00 and they tossed in Fed Ex and tax. Exact part, 10 min change out.

There has been a great deal of criticism of Prevost Mira Loma. How do the other Prevost centers (like Jacksonville) compare; specifically, Dallas and Knoxville? How much are the hourly rates?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I have only been to the Jacksonville Prevost service center, and it was only once. It was a good experience.

However, I hesitate to pass judgement on anything, good or bad, based on a single experience. I would like to think that my experience was the norm. However there may be others with more experience that feel it's the exception....