Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lousy service at prevost mira loma

Angry lousy service at prevost mira loma

my first time to post. was in for some service at mirrow loma. the job was simple i thought.put in three windows. job was terrible at best. could not redo at time glue wet. so had to take bus back again. so they wanted to charge a second time for same job. they broke two windows taking them out.this is second time this has happened to us at 100.00 an hour we deserve better than this.2000 country h3

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Welcome to the group Charlie but sorry about your luck.

You have learned first hand why the folks around here value POG to the extent we do.

I know we have a sponsor out there on the left cost that many have spoken highly about. California Coach and Steve Bennett. I'll bet you leave his place happier.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 08-20-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Charlie,

Welcome to POG, sorry that you had a bad experience at Prevost Mira Loma. If you don't mind me asking, how did the 3 windows break? Did they shatter like the ones on the XL IIs or were they broken another way?(rocks, vandals, etc.)

Thanks for your post, if you could please post some pictures of your H3.

How long have you owned your bus and how do you like it so far?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

What part of the window gets glue

Hi Charlie. There has been mixed reviews on Mira Loma lately. One of the big issues is billing. You should speak with the management regarding your bill, and if that does'nt work , go up the list of management until you get someone to listen. You should not be billed for the second install if they installed the windows incorrectly.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Charlie,

Welcome to POG. Glad to have you with the group.

So sorry to hear about your experience with Mira Loma. We have all of our service done there, including window replacement of which we have had a total of 5 done in the past. We always ask for "OUR" service tech, Tony. He's young, but well versed in how repairs need to be done. Arthur has also replaced our windows.

We had a problem with billing once when we had a window mechanism replaced and it broke for the second time in less than a month. I wrote them and explained that it was a defective part or incorrect installation. They agreed and reversed the charge. Talk with Dee, the service writer, and see what you get. If not happy then I agree with Garyde, going to upper management is in order. Good luck.

Dee

I missed this thread while on vacation, and just happened upon it today.

We are hearing more and more about lousy service at Prevost in Mira Loma. A friend of mine works for MCI Coach in Los Alamitos and passed on their service managers email and contact info.

I did contact MCI, and they would love to get some of our maintenance business. Admittedly, I'd rather use Prevost if all things were equal, but given the recent bad experiences (ask Steve Bennett), I'm considering using MCI for at least regular service stuff.

I would venture, that they could have handled putting in windows as well.

If you'd like, I will be happy to pass on the contact info for MCI. Like I said, they are in Los Alamitos, right near Long Beach. Not sure if that is further away for you or not.

Ray

Hi Ray, Yes we would like to know the info about service at the MCI shop
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Robert S. Guzman
    Service Advisor
    Robert.Guzman@MCICOACH.COM
    Phone (714) 484-4840
    Fax (502) 318-8352
    www.mcicoach.com

Also spoke with
    Dave Martinez
    General Manager, Los Alamitos Service Center
    David.Martinez@mcicoach.com
    Pnone (714) 484-4816

You might mention me when speaking with either. I had arranged for service, and made all the contacts, but then I had the bus fire, and had to bow out.

Ray

I see no problem with MCI or any shop that routinely works on vehicles comparable to our coaches, including truck repair shops or charter bus companies.

Oil changes, lube jobs, fluid level checks, hub seals, brake work, bearing replacement, and air bag replacement are all jobs any experienced mechanic can do. I do not know if the OTR AC or even driver's AC is something I would take to any repair facility besides Prevost or a commercial refrigeration repair company.

But I would never take a bus with the leans and expect a mechanic not schooled in the Prevost level low system to be able to diagnose the cause and repair the bus.

I also would be very cautious about having a company not familiar with conversions to do other than basic electrical work on the chassis. There is nothing in our coaches (with the possible exception of multi-plex coaches) really complex or sophisticated, but some of our systems require a basic understanding. Lacking that understanding a mechanic has the potential to screw things up, or extract large bundles of cash from the wallet.

Very little of what I have run into on our buses is anywhere near as complex as the average car and its systems. But without an understanding of how the systems work, or the logic built into them you could either be paying for a mechanic's on the job training, or the mechanic can be replacing parts that have nothing to do with the problem. It is no longer sufficient to know what you don't know, you must also recognize what the mechanic does not know.