Thread: lousy service at prevost mira loma

Hybrid View

Default Expert on HMO in our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    Like an HMO to take care of the health of our bodies, we could use a PMO (Prevost Maintenance Organization) to take care of our buses.

Any possibility of a co-op type of organization where "members" pay annual or monthly fees to participate in the program?

Could we benefit by the power of collective purchases and technicians that were skilled and could be trusted? Are we a large enough group to accomplish such an endeavor or do we have such an attrition rate that it wouldn't be beneficial?

Just kicking around some ideas....
    Jerry Winchester should have some input on this idea. Boots and Coots has a program like this for their clients. I am guessing most of their clients are stationary which is a little different from most Prevost owners. If I recall this was a good profit center for B&C in the last fiscal year and the program has been expanding so obviously it works. If something like that could be adapted to a Prevost is another thing. Some great POG members might be interested in such a venture. Jon has some great ideas and Joe C. has a lot to offer. Maybe they will dream up something to make life better for the rest of us and while becoming the 'T. Boone Pickens' of the Prevost world.

Quote Originally Posted by Darl-Wilson View Post
    Jerry Winchester should have some input on this idea. Boots and Coots has a program like this for their clients. I am guessing most of their clients are stationary which is a little different from most Prevost owners. If I recall this was a good profit center for B&C in the last fiscal year and the program has been expanding so obviously it works. If something like that could be adapted to a Prevost is another thing. Some great POG members might be interested in such a venture. Jon has some great ideas and Joe C. has a lot to offer. Maybe they will dream up something to make life better for the rest of us and while becoming the 'T. Boone Pickens' of the Prevost world.
    I was thinking that participants would "pre-pay" for a block of labor, say 8 or 16 hours. Then, the owner of the bus would have to schedule his time with the roving or stationary technician.

The only expense during your scheduled time would be parts, which, hopefully, could be purchased somewhat in bulk to realize some savings.

It wouldn't take too many participants to make this arrangement work.

So, the question is, how many hours does the average bus require for routine maintenance (Prevost systems only, nothing converter-specific) and what hourly rate would provide a good income for the tech while offering savings to bus owners?
    Last edited by phorner; 09-01-2009 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling