Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Search ?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Search ?

Every time I try to use "Search" I get 10 pages of totally unrelated threads and posts and usually it will not contain what I was looking for in the first place

Sometimes it is easier to just start a new thread.

The key to success in a search is to use the exact word or phrase that covers what you are looking for, but we use so many different words and phrases to cover the same thing it just makes the search effort difficult.

Wink

What do you want for a hundred bucks, egg in your beer?

Jim, I think we should hire you to reorganize and re-classify all the threads and put them under the correct headings ! !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

I second the motion. Jim C is the guy that can find links to anything anybody wants. Who better to create a search index and to sort out every topic?

I call for a vote.

Default My vote

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I second the motion. Jim C is the guy that can find links to anything anybody wants. Who better to create a search index and to sort out every topic?

I call for a vote.
    I vote YEA

Jim, what's taking so long to get this little job done. I know your old as dirt, but could you speed things up a bit??

Joe, your not the only one who finds the search next to useless.

Joe,

Try the Advanced Search feature. It should help you narrow it down a little bit.

Jim

Thumbs up This Group Can't Be Organized

Anyway if it was it wouldn't be the same and no one would like it.

POG is the way it is because it is what we make it, day by day. There are no rules here but for what we place on ourselves.
    The discussions are open and uncontroled within our own limits and beliefs.
    To organize and neatly arrange and present all this wonderful information would lead to a stagnant non communicating group, where very little new information would emerge.
    It is,IMHO, important to ask, and re ask the same questions over, and over to engage the new members, and bring new information to a topic as has been done time and time again.
    Many that have been here since the beginning have read all, or most posts at least once. We are now so far along that while not impossible it is very improbable that any new member will read all the posts. Asking the same question time and again is good as it re enforces the old facts as well as brings in new information possibly from someone who was not a member at the time of the original discussion.
    The difficult task of searching out specific information is also beneficial in that many times one seeking one thing will , from a search, get side tracked into reading something else that he/she found interesting.
    I therefore respectfully decline the nomination of me as librarian, , although this would certainly be an honor as there are no other positions of such rank in the group. I mean after all, we don't have any officers , charter, bylaws, nada nothing.

I didn't see anybody give the job a title. Certainly not librarian.

As you point out we have no officers, bylaws, nada, nothing. Hell even the high imperial master guru Skiffer doesn't have a title.

We just want you to do the work.

However, in your post there was an astute observation about bringing new information to a topic. In the few short years this group has been entertaining one another at rallies and on this forum our collective wisdom has grown substantially and I think the quality of the advice that is posted continues to improve.

We also have resources now we never had before such as on-line access to Prevost parts and service manuals, Hector's suspension program and general information about such diverse technical information as tires and satellite communications. So maybe when questions on topics covered previously do arise, maybe we are better off starting in all over again. I would be willing to surmise that since POG started its members have collectively added well over a million miles and maybe two million miles of road experience to add to any discussion.