Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thompson Coaches

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I'll be darned. Well ours is an 86 so that was probably 20 buses ago for him

Grant I got your e-mail today and composed quite a long response and lost it before I got it sent. Don't ya hate that. Call me 708-243-7871 it will be easier.

lewpopp Guest

Joe, it seems as though on a return trip from the Redmand rally about 6 years ago I ran into the old man (meaning Mr Hickcox). He invited me in and we talked and he wanted to sell the one he was driving but I wasn't in the position to get it. It was a beauty and had a lot of extra air conditioning outlets. He said his son wa in the conversion business and that he had a cabinet making business prior to doing the busses. I think I have the right guy. He gave me his business card but that's long gone. CRAFT ( can't remember a friggin thing.)

Am I right on my memory?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Shoot Lew I've only ever gotten input back from one other guy, a sales rep for cruisair on the east coast. He gave me about as much as you did.

There is a trucking company that remains behind to this day in that local. It carries the same name and phone# as was in my converters manuals. I called it once and got a stern refusal for info from the receptionist. I think it is time for another call.

Well I had my first problem with the coach For some unknown reason my Gen/shore contactor went out. The reason I'am posting this just to let you know that Rick Thompson of Thompson Coach now an orphan coach still stays behind his conversion Rick spent a number of hours(8) helping me through the changing of the 60 amp contactor. It's great to see now a days people proud of their wokmanship. I know that there are only 2 coaches on POG but I'am glad I'am 1 of them. Maybe all them people are that nice in Knoxville?

dalej Guest

Glad to hear that it went well for you Sid.

-Where's the Beef? Nebraska has been losing quite a few because of the heat.
    Last edited by dalej; 07-11-2009 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks Dale, "Wheres the Beef" it's been a hot across the country and hard on the cattle people. But it looks hard across the board when you read the other posts. I'am ready for CHANGE!!!!!!!!

Sid,

If the '06 was green with burgundy on the exterior it is owned by a couple from Galveston. I met them at Buckhorn in Kerrville last year and have seen them a couple of times.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc, I believe thats the one. I have a file on it that i will e-mail to you. I know it's big but would love to make contact with the owner just for the fun of it. I know that he got a great deal on that coach at that time.Thanks for getting back to me.

dick daugird Guest

Hi Sid,
    I am the party, that have a Thompson Coach, residing in Galveston, Tx.
    Although a second owner, Rick Thompson has treated me better than I
    ever expected. He is always available to talk and help me through a
    problem. Luckily, all issues have been fairly easy to resolve with his help.
    We have been very pleased with the quality of this Prevost.

This is my first post, an RV'ER friend sent this to me.

If you care to contact me, my email address is: dick@daugirds.com

Dick & Horacene Daugird

Hi Dick, Glad to have you on POG!! I also have the highest respect for Rick Thompson he has help me thru a few minor problems. I will stay in touch with you also. My e-mail is sidtuls@yahoo.com cell 559-901-6426 . I'am on a golf outing right now and will get back in touch with you at a later date.