Thread: Where can I get me some more gas filled door pistons?

Default Where can I get me some more struts?

Thanks to all for help with the removal and installation of those gas filled, door struts. (Hey, I just learned what they were actually called, so I edited this post.) I had a few spares that came with my bus and I went hog wild this morning and replaced three bad ones with the three good ones. Oh, how nice it is to have doors that stay open. I need some more of these and was wondering if anybody has a suggestion as to where I can pick up a baker's dozen for a good price. Also, was wondering if they make any extra powerful ones for the generator door. Marathon has that door so full of sound insulation (good thing!) that it is very, very heavy.

I assume that all XLVs use the same ones, but mine is a 45 foot , 95 shell if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Adam
    Last edited by adamdegraff; 08-17-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Adam,

There are a couple of threads listing where various folks have sourced these "air springs" but I ordered them from Prevost easy enough. However, they are pretty generic and you will need the same strength ones because of the door weight. The standard force ones from Prevost won't keep the typical Marathon door up.

You are right about having bay doors that stay up being a good thing. If you just need one or two more, I will sell them for $14 each delivered. I bought a dozen awhile back and have four left. If you want more, this guy sells them on ebay and if you email him with the size you want, he will make you a good deal.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-ea...spagenameZWDVW