Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tires

Default New Tires

FWIW, I just called PVML for pricing on new Michelins.. 881.11 ea installed etc.

Holy Mackerel Andy!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Well, what are you waiting for.

On second thought, call Lew. I think he recently posted a real good price with a 150 dollar credit for the old ones to boot.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 08-15-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Jeepster,

I knows someone who can tell ya wheres to get some Golden Coins and you will save some of dem golden Coins.....albeit Hecho in China

John

What about Toyos?

The Goodyear rep told us at Sevierville told us that Toyos were good tires. I have two on my steer axle and so far so good (20,000 miles). I paid $526 each in July 2007; balanced, mounted, and sales tax included. Don't know how much they are now.

Does anyone else have Toyos?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Good for you Tuga, you did good.

I do not ever remember buying a new tire of any brand that did not do what it was expected to.

Bought a set of Michelin's once. Didn't last any longer or ride any better than any other. They were a PITA to balance though.

I just went back and found Lews post. He was told around 500 mounted and 150 a piece credit for his old ones.

Warren please do not spend 900 a piece for tires.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 08-15-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Hey Joe,

I talked to a guy yesterday who paid $6500 for 6 Michelins 315/80 R 22.5 he bought them at a Prevost service center (don't know which one). He didn't shop just said put 'em on! And they did
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Question Go Figure

So the buses come down in price, and the pieces parts goes up in price.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Michelins

I'm a youngster compared to most but having been broke when young and having a Datsun (yes Datsun, not Nissan, so I'm not that much of a baby), .......I had a Datsun 240z. I had Pirelli, Good Year, Michelin and Toyo's on them all at one time. Usually buying them used one at a time becasue that was all I could afford. I never had a Michelin blow out on my even running them way past their envelope. I mean the metal cords where showing. If you went to feel the tread you cut your hand on the metal cords. The Michelin's never blew out once.

My vote would be to at least but Michelin's on the front and save money on the rears if you want. I but new Michelin's when I needed tires based on my young good (poor) luck with them. I've never had a blow out yet but from what I hear, a blow out on the front can be crazy and dangerous. Put the "smart money" on the front tires if not all the way around.

Signed, the young dumb guy that drives steers with one knee and hot swaps drivers at 70 mph.

Ok, so lets see if we can run one more tire thread about 5 or 6 pages deep. Seems like we haven't had one for at least a week.

Then maybe a battery thread to follow that one up or maybe add a few pages to the 50 we have on the CC belt deal.

ThisThreadSucks.jpg

Someone did not have their Wheaties this morning. I paid about $4800.00 for 6 Michelins mounted @ Mira Loma back in January. That was the last time we had a big discussion about tires. I see no reason to purchase a different brand if the warranty is good and the tire has a decent track record. Jon W. (A1)and Roger (King of Bling) are doing a road test on chinese tires which they will report back to us in about two more years I guess.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide