Thread: H4-45 A/C head unit not powering on

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default H4-45 A/C head unit not powering on

My A/C head unit on my 1999 H3-45 shell isn't powering on. This is unmodified and no converter has changed anythign yet. It's factory bus air from Prevost and the factory set up still. It has a driver and and a passenger zone. It was working when I got the shell and I'm gettting it ready to show to someone to sell but.........no bus air with the head unit dead. I still have to get behind the dash and confirm I've got power going to the head unit BUT, in the rear, drivers side fuse, electrical and relay bay, there's a small device about 4" x 4" that has has one LED on it and a legend that tell's you..........hmmmm, points you in some sort of direction (if your a Prevost tech I guess) as to the error. The box does not say what it controls or goes to anywhere on it. It's blinking once every 10 seconds and the legend say's that means "Bad contact on Channel #1 or defect." In the photos, it is the unit in the further upper left hand side; just to the left of where the last relay is.

Even if this is unrelated to the head unit for the A/C, anybody know what that's for because what ever it is, it's got a "Bad contact on Channel #1 or defect." what ever the heck that is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jeff,

This is your engine fire alarm control box. This is where the 2 sensors from your engine compartment are connected.

Alek

ajhaig Guest

Jeff,

How many coaches do you own?

AJ

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Further on control box

AJ- I'm an idiot. I own 3 coaches. Please say a prayer for me tonight that the H3 double slide shell sells on Monday. I'm trying to get it ready to show and get all the little details tidy on it. My Angola has a blown engine. If anyone can keep an ear to the ground for a non EGR series 60 engine I need to buy one.

Regarding the fire alarm control box (thank you Alek), is there a way to reset it and is that a possible culprit for shutting down the A/C head unit altogether ? I had my Pro Driver go out and it was causing the bus to misfire at idel. Detroit unplugged it and the problem whet away. I can try unplugging it and see if it changes anything. Suggestions ??

Thank you.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default How to reset alarm sensor

Still need help on knowing how to reset the fire alarm sensor as descibed above. Anybody ?