Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Insurance info

It is my opinion that the collected knowledge on this site is more capable than any appraiser at providing a fair market value for a coach.

First, if anyone goes through the P-stuff ads, Coopers, RV trader, plus countless other sites and dealer ads it will reveal prices are all over the place. What is not revealed is how long some of these coaches have been on the market. The Z ship, a late rivet model Liberty had an asking price that was obscene. Yet an appraiser will use prices such as that to conclude a fair market value.

Compare the selling prices. The real selling prices, not what was put down on paper reflecting an inflated trade in price so the deal could be financed. Those represent real market value.

Talking Hey Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Jim I hope you do not take as long to go down and get it as it took you to buy it. I don't think the folks could handle that
    If you want sheep, just ask for them! or did you.

lewpopp Guest

Let me ask a question that I have about my insurance on my 90.

I purchased it for $195 six years ago and they still list the value of it on my policy as $195. Can I assume that if I have a disaster and total it, they will only give me the depreciated value or will they give me the $195. I'm sure they will give me the deprec value. You don't get sumpin for nuttin.

I will bring that to the attention of Explorer and perhaps my cost would be less, huh? I doubt that too.

Lew,

I can only say what happened in my case with the fire. I had an agreed-upon price policy. When it came time to total the coach, they still went through a period of attempting to value the coach. Luckily, I had only purchased it 6 months prior, and was able to justify the valuation of the coach.

My guess is that the would look at the market, and try to determine a "fair" price, but that's a guess.

Ray

Lew, If the Insurance policy does not say specifically the depreciating tables, then I guess it will be up to them .
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Lew: I think the argument would be if you did not drop my premium payments year by year to reflect a lower value then you owe me the full original apraisal amount.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

A lot of us have coverage with Explorer. Would it be too much to ask for Explorer to have an insurance seminar in OKC? Seems there are a number of different opinions about our coverage and it would be good to get real world answers to our questions.

Thumbs down Explorer? Won't call me back>>

I've have National Ins through Explorer. When I received my Ins bill this year it was essentially the same premium as last year. Since several POG members posted premiums less than my $1,600+. I called Explorer for a quote with a different company. I had to leave a message with a live person. When I didn't receive a response for more than a week I called back and left a message again with a live person. That was in the morning and I was told I would be called promptly. That didn't happen. I then told Jim Skiff about the treatment I was getting from one of our sponsors. He said he would call them. More than a month has passed since my initial call so tomorrow afternoon I will be calling someone else. Explorer, are you listening? My office phone is 866-286-4026 and my cell is 775-742-0877 BEFORE NOON PDT.

Darl,

If they're giving you this much of a hassle now, when you're trying to pay them a premium, I don't want to think about how you may be treated if you were trying to get a claim settled!

I sure hope they come up with a good explanation as to why your calls have been ignored.

Thumbs up Explorer came through!

Quote Originally Posted by Darl-Wilson View Post
    I've have National Ins through Explorer. When I received my Ins bill this year it was essentially the same premium as last year. Since several POG members posted premiums less than my $1,600+. I called Explorer for a quote with a different company. I had to leave a message with a live person. When I didn't receive a response for more than a week I called back and left a message again with a live person. That was in the morning and I was told I would be called promptly. That didn't happen. I then told Jim Skiff about the treatment I was getting from one of our sponsors. He said he would call them. More than a month has passed since my initial call so tomorrow afternoon I will be calling someone else. Explorer, are you listening? My office phone is 866-286-4026 and my cell is 775-742-0877 BEFORE NOON PDT.
    Yesterday morning, before 9 am, Explorer Ins called me and apologized for dropping the ball. They had a quote from Progressive which was about $1,300 per yr higher than Nationwide. I "re-upped" with NW for the next yr. FWIW, the ins premium, with towing, agreed coverage of $245k, was a tad over $1,600. Up until this episode I have very good luck with Explorer and have to give them credit for reading the Forum and being responsive to POG members.

Darl