Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance info

lewpopp Guest

Jeff, Just a couple of comments.. You won't listen to me anyway, you didn't on the Moto-Sat, why should you here.

Be careful about really operating the bus out of Montana strictly for business. I may not have this exact, but if you are, you may get charged for road tax and they can go back to when Jesus was a corporal.

Is there a 3BC? A three Bus Club?

We have our bus insurance through Explorer. We have had one claim and they were fantastic to work with. I got a quote from State Farm the other day out of curiosity and it was much lower. JDUB (I mean a member who shall remain nameless) had good luck with them on a claim.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Further to insurance

The quote from Explorer was around $400 lower than Progressive. It's make me nevous that they Progressive would list the coach as "other" and it really isn't in their system where as Explorer knows what a Prevost is. Plus they were cheaper.

Lew- I don't know why you say I didn't listen on the Motosat. I have the update plug sitting right here. I have to wait until I pull the coach out of the driveway again to try it since my yard has not clear shot of the sky from the trees.

Anything furher anyone can add on insurance still welcomed.

lewpopp Guest

Jeff, you thought you knew more than good ol' Lew and you headed for Lazy Days and ignored what I said. If you had done what I said in the beginning, I could have saved you 2 hours labor and a bunch of fuel. THE END.
    Last edited by lewpopp; 09-10-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: ADDITION

Jeff Bayley Guest

Lew- Maybe your right and I got the timing mixed up. Maybe I failed to read the reply you gave before making the trip to Lazy Days and yes it was a waste of time and fuel as you said.

Question Does Anyone Know

In looking into insuring our new to us bus, we have found that to get agreed value coverage one must offer proof of that value.

I guess you would call it an appraisal.

My question is, how/where can one obtain that service and value?

I used my purchase documentation. Unfortunately while we think our coaches are valuable, they are likely never to exceed the value we paid.

If you made a hell of a deal, such as buying from someone who was making a distress sale then the best proof of value would come from Liberty or a dealer in coaches. I would expect your seller would help you in this regard.

Just an FYI. I had an agreed-upon price in my policy with my previous Marathon. When the fire happened, they still went through the process of trying to verify the value of the coach. I would have thought that an agreed upon price (less than 6 months since I had insured it), would have meant, I get the agreed-upon price. Not necessarily so. Ultimately I got the full value of my policy (minus deductable), but not without some time spent in justifying the agreed-value.

Ray

Question

"Mr Oliver", said he had never been asked that question before, but that if I wrote up a document he would sign it.

I don't think the Ins. Co would buy that, so I am trying to think of something else.

I thought of Liberty, and have not inquired as of yet.

I thought someone in the group might have used a private appraiser they could recommend.

The two buses being totaled in the storage fire make me think that the agreed value is important.
    If the bus is depreciated annually from the purchase price it wont be many years until it is worth very little in the eyes of the insurance company, resulting in basically totaling it out for the smallest accident.

If I have the wrong idea please enlighten me.

The two buses being totaled in the storage fire make me think that the agreed value is important
    I believe that both Mike and I received the full value of our policies (minus deductable), but it wasn't without a little fight.

Ray