Quote Originally Posted by sawdust_128 View Post
I have checked with every one of the referenced companies. However, Explorer is quoting "Continental Car Club" for roadside emergency service. I don't find much on them at all and the most informative one was a very negative rant.

Gilbert has something for emergency roadside and will send me "stuff" on it. However, it sounds like it is exclusively a "towing to a repair center" offering. What do you think?

Have never done this type of coverage before, any comments, suggestions, advise?

I've considered taking it all and evaluating and adjusting coverages in 6 months.
You really don't need a roadside assistance policy. My policy with National Interstate, written by Explorer will cover any towing or emergency repair that any roadside assistance policy will cover. If I need help, I check the "rig down" website and call for help. That is all a roadside company can do and I rather be in contact with the tow company myself rather than depend on some outside source. If it makes you feel more secure, buy the additional coverage, but you don't need it with National Interstate.